The Jewish Board's Neptune Family Services provides preventive, community-based services offering counseling and advocacy to families with children at risk of abuse and neglect.
As a Youth Tutor at Neptune Family Services, you will be helping clients of all ages (5-18) keep up with school subjects and topics they are struggling to grasp. Subjects of highest need are reading, writing and mathematics.
This opportunity is available on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday evenings. Volunteer shifts will start around 6pm, and at least once a month commitment for 6 months is required.
- Youth Services
- Teaching / Instruction
- Reading / Writing
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- At least once per month for a minimum of 6 months.
- Undergraduate degree required.
- Host a Holiday Party or Special...
- Waiting Room Assistant- Manhattan
- Mitzvah Month: Sports, Games and...
- Waiting Room Assistant- Brooklyn
- Group Volunteer Opportunities-...
- Community Outing Leader- Brooklyn
- Mitzvah Month: Karaoke Party on...
- Clerical Assistant - Bronx
- Mitzvah Month: Paint a Mural in...
- Personal Shopper- Brooklyn
- Team Activity Leader - Queens
- Healthy Lifestyle and Nutrition...
- Big Brother Big Sister Program
- Weekly Shabbat Party Host-...
- Team Activity Leader - Manhattan...
- Fundraiser- Brooklyn
- Team Activity Leader- Westchester
- Fitness Instructor - Manhattan...
- Road to Independence Closet...
- Tutor in ESL- Brooklyn