The Jewish Board's Neptune Family Services provides preventive, community-based services offering counseling and advocacy to families with children at risk of abuse and neglect.
As a Youth Tutor at Neptune Family Services, you will be helping clients of all ages (5-18) keep up with school subjects and topics they are struggling to grasp. Subjects of highest need are reading, writing and mathematics.
This opportunity is available on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday evenings. Volunteer shifts will start around 6pm, and at least once a month commitment for 6 months is required.
- Youth Services
- Teaching / Instruction
- Reading / Writing
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- At least once per month for a minimum of 6 months.
- Undergraduate degree required.
- Art Group Leader- Manhattan
- Host a Holiday Party or Special...
- Waiting Room Assistant- Manhattan
- Kitchen Assistant- Riverdale
- Tutor- Westchester
- Waiting Room Assistant- Brooklyn
- Group Volunteer Opportunities-...
- Team Activity Leader- Brooklyn
- Art Group Leader- Harlem
- Healthy Lifestyle and Nutrition...
- Client Companion- Brooklyn
- Big Brother Big Sister Program
- Weekly Shabbat Party Host-...
- Medical Archivist - Brooklyn
- Team Activity Leader - Manhattan...
- Fundraiser- Brooklyn
- Team Activity Leader- Westchester
- Fitness Instructor - Manhattan...
- Community Outing Leader- Bronx
- Clerical Assistant - Brooklyn...