Summary: Thrift Store volunteer duties include the following: (other duties might be assigned)
- Receive donations from donors helping them unload and bring the goods into the store. Give the donor a tax receipt with a brief explanation of filling it out. This is all to be done courteously and efficiently.
- "Pre-sort" all donations to their general areas for processing, keeping passageways and doorways clear of boxes/items at all times.
- Be alert for any special/large or breakable items for immediate pricing and stocking onto the sales floor.
- Break down boxes and cartons and remove trash from processing area as needed.
- Sort and clean merchandise on a timely basis in preparation for pricing, so items can be sent quickly to the sales floor.
- Test electrical items for working status, assemble items, and display small items as needed.
- Maintain organization and housekeeping standards in work area at all times.
- Give assistance to customers when necessary or locate staff member to assist.
- Other duties, as assigned.
- Customer Service
- People Skills
- Retail / Sales
- Sales Process
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Flexible Hours
- Open: Monday-Saturday (10:30am-6:30pm); Sunday (12:00pm-6:30pm)
- Citizenship Instructor
- Volunteer Pro Bono Attorney
- Public Relations Intern
- Food Delivery Driver
- Volunteer Legal Assistant
- Grant Researcher
- Development & Fundraiser Volunteer
- Community Center Receptionist
- Community Center After-School...
- Thrift Store Volunteer
- Development & Communications...
- Early Learning Center Aide
- Social Services Receptionist
- English as a Second Language...