Summary: The Pro Bono Program serves Progresso immigrant clients seeking assistance with the following:
- Employment-based immigrant visas
- Applying for U.S. citizenship
- Obtaining a resident permit also known as green card
- Filing for political asylum or refugee status
- For immigrant clients applying for a green card, the pro bono attorney walks them through the process until completed. The attorney completes the necessary documents required to file in compliance with U.S. Citizenship and Immigration laws.
- The attorney will frequently assist clients with limited English. The ability to speak other language is preferred. The applicant must have people skills and the ability to communicate effectively with clients from other cultures. Due to various documented and undocumented data accompanying each case, immigration lawyers must have strong research and analytical abilities as well.
- People Skills
- Crisis Intervention
- Verbal / Written Communication
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 22
- Orientation or Training
- Open: Monday-Friday (opens at 9:00 am)
- Able to make a six month commitment
- Citizenship Instructor
- Volunteer Pro Bono Attorney
- Food Delivery Driver
- Volunteer Legal Assistant
- Grant Researcher
- Sacramento Community Center...
- Community Center After-School...
- UCM Food Pantry Volunteers
- Back Porch Thrift Store Volunteer
- Early Learning Center Aide
- Long Term Food Pantry Volunteers
- Early Learning Center Volunteer
- Social Services Receptionist
- English as a Second Language...