Do you enjoy reading out loud? Do you have a flair for description? This volunteer opportunity can be done in the comfort of your home for only an hour a week! It involves reading the local newspaper into a recording reached via your phone which then can be accessed by low-vision or no-vision individuals. Currently, the Los Alamos Monitor is the newspaper that is read on Wednesdays, Fridays and Sundays. Volunteers are given specific portions of the paper to read and two or more volunteers read each day's newspaper. If you do not want to commit to an hour a week, substitute readers are also needed. An hour-long training will be provided at your convenience in Los Alamos at the Betty Ehart Senior Center.
- Special Needs
- Verbal / Written Communication
Good Match For
Teens People 55+
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- Up to one hour/week
- Clear speaker
- Museum Store Attendant
- Reader for Newsline for the Blind
- Los Alamos Historical Society...
- Betty Ehart Senior Center...
- Tutors for UNM-LA
- Betty Ehart Senior Center Meal...
- White Rock Senior Center Boss of...
- Receptionist - White Rock Senior...
- Los Alamos Volunteer Association...
- Special Events Volunteer