Purpose: The St. Vincent de Paul Workforce Programs help people regain their footing and re-enter the workplace. The program provides meaningful skills development, part-time employment, case management, workforce readiness classes, and job placement support.
1. SVdP East Oakland - 9235 San Leandro Street, Oakland 94603
Wednesdays and/or Thursdays: 9am - 12pm
2. SVdP West Oakland - 675 - 23 rd Street, Oakland 94612
Wednesdays and/or Thursdays: 1-4pm
Volunteers will be asked to:
- Work closely with our job training program participants to help them find meaningful employment after completion of training
- Contact prospective employers to determine their need and to solicit job vacancies for graduates
- Review job vacancies/postings and match candidates with job requirements
- Assist applicants in preparing for job interviews
- Arrange interviews between employers and candidates to facilitate placement
- Assist with job searches and placement events e.g. job fairs
- Invite prospective employers to our facility to recruit/interview job candidates
- Assist with data entry and provide administrative support where needed
Requirements: Must be proficient in Microsoft Office suite, email and internet browsing. Volunteers with experience in recruitment, outreach, professional development or hiring are preferred. Volunteers must have excellent organization and priority setting skills, customer service skills, a great attitude, and be creative. Experience in working with populations with limited resources and face multiple barriers to employment is useful.
Volunteers will be asked to provide a resume, site preference, and availability.
- Problem Solving
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Career Counseling / Coaching
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Minimum Commitment of 8 weeks; ongoing
- Volunteers must submit a resume
- Kitchen Prep Work - Help Us Feed...
- Volunteer in our Clothing Closet...
- Make a difference in your...
- Case Management Support
- Help Spread the Word of our...
- Help SVdP distribute clothes to...
- Dish Room Assistant - Help feed...
- Fight hunger in Oakland - serve...
- Professional Development Coach
- Help People Get Back to Work! -...
- Greet our Clients with a Smile...