Safety Control Volunteers will provide staff support to the North Texas Motorcycle Challenge planning committee, ensuring that the course remains safe and secure for competitors and spectators.
Safety Control Volunteers will be assigned to one of three entry points to the secure parking lot or to one of two pedestrian cross walks. The Safety Control team will redirect non-competitor riders and vehicles to alternative parking lots and direct pedestrians and spectators away from the competition course to viewing areas. The objective of this role is to ensure the motorcycle riding competitors have a safe, open space to practice and compete, free of vehicle and pedestrian traffic. This is mandatory per insurance requirements.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Interact with competitors, spectators and the general public to inform each of the event and the safety perimeters established
- Show appropriate sense of urgency when potential risks are identified and remediate or report to Event Staff
- Know the locations of all fire extinguishers and first aid kids
The Safety Control Volunteers will recieve a safety briefing at the beginning of each shift and be expected to sign a Liability Waiver.
Key Competencies and Experience:
- Teamwork || Interacts with people effectively and willing to share and receive information.
- Motivation || Displays energy and enthusiasm
- Reliability || Takes responsibility for performance and commitments
- Adaptability || Able to effectively deal with changes and priorities.
- Communication || Expresses ideas effectively and listens
- Register for a full shift
- Shifts are 5 hours in duration 7:30 - 12:30 and 12:30 - 5:30 each day of the event (Thursday, Friday and Saturday).
- Communicate with Volunteer Coordinator via email and or phone in the weeks leading up to the event to confirm commitment
- Attend a safety briefing in person at the beginning of each shift
This year's event will benefit Motorcops for Kids with all proceeds going to the Shriner's Hospitals of Galveston and Houston.
Volunteer hours can be verified and signed for by an event committee member for those that request documentation for community service.
- People Skills
- Verbal / Written Communication
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 16
- See description for available shifts
- Alternative shifts can be arranged