With the help of local donations made by generous people including businesses, home stagers, contractors and homeowners. We are able to support Habitat for Humanity Greater San Francisco’s mission to build and maintain affordable homes for families in our community. Proceeds of every sale go to help build homes in San Francisco, Marin and the Peninsula. Thanks to our committed volunteers, the San Carlos ReStore is able to provide affordable home improvement items to local families, while also diverting thousands of tons of usable materials from local landfills each year.
We're looking for friendly, outgoing volunteers to help run our cash register. You'll greet customers, answer general questions, ring up sales, and pick out the store's music.
Craigslist is one of the top 3 ways that the ReStore finds new shoppers. Craigslist volunteers find items to post, write item descriptions, take photographs, and craft an ad. Volunteers also respond to merchandise questions by email. Some basic computer skills are necessary, but we'll teach you the rest.
Customer Experience Volunteers are always needed to create attractive and visually compelling displays and interact with customers.
Pricing and merchandising volunteers are always needed to organize, price and clean donations and create attractive and visually compelling displays. We're calling volunteers who love home improvement, interior design, do-it-yourself projects, or just want to learn. Skills (helpful but not required): selling donations, interior design, antiques knowledge, architecture, customer service, fundraising.
Volunteers can participate Tuesday through Saturday in half day or full day shifts from 10 a.m. to 1:30 p.m., 1:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m., or from 10 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- Reading Comprehension
- Customer Service
- Basic Computer Skills
Good Match For
People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 55
- Orientation or Training
- one 3 ½ hour shift per week for at least 4 weeks
- one hours orientation at the Restore followed by on the job training
- Homework Assistant and Tutor -...
- Food Delivery - Society of St....
- Radio Operator - Blackberry...
- Early Literacy Program - Avenidas
- Homeless Help Kitchen - Society...
- California Highway Patrol...
- Brown Bag Program - Second...
- Medicare Counselor - HICAP
- Get up & Go Volunteer
- Life Skills Workshop Instructor...
- Mills-Peninsula Health Services
- Caring Cupboard - City of San...
- Senior Peer Counselor -...
- Senior Nutrition
- VA Palo Alto Health Care System
- Recreation Instructor
- CalFresh Outreach Assistant -...
- SFO Travelers Information