Habitat Greater San Francisco's ReStore is a home improvement retail store driven and operated by volunteers and benefiting Habitat for Humanity GSF. At the ReStore, Habitat receives and resells home decor, lighting, appliances, and furniture to the public at a discounted price. The ReStore also diverts 100,000 pounds of material from landfills each month, keeping our communities green.
Cashiers will greet and interact with customers in a friendly and helpful manner, operate the cash register, answer phone calls, respond to customer questions, and promote and maintain a safe, clean work environment. They also invite customers to sign-up for our e-newsletters.
No retail experience necessary - we'll train you and have you shadow another volunteer or a staff member until you are comfortable to volunteer on your own.
" Join a friendly team of staff and volunteers working to make the world a better place
" Earn 20% off discounts to the store after 50 hours of service
" Gather skills in customer service, phone etiquette, and point of sale operations
" Receive Habitat ReStore gifts
" Invitations to Habitat and ReStore social events
" Ability to use Habitat for Humanity Greater SF as a professional reference
Orientation/Training: One hour orientation held at ReStore, followed by on-the-job training.
Regular volunteers commit to one 3 ? hour shift a week for at least 4 weeks.
All positions are Tuesday - Sunday with shifts from 10am- 1:30 pm and/or 1:30 pm-5:30 pm
- Reading Comprehension
- Customer Service
- Basic Computer Skills
Good Match For
People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 55
- Orientation or Training
- one 3 ? hour shift per week for at least 4 weeks
- one hours orientation at the Restore followed by on the job training
- Reading Tutor - Reading Partners
- Kitchen/ Food Pantry - Samaritan...
- Habitat For Humanity Greater SF...
- Radio Operator - Blackberry...
- Early Literacy Program - Avenidas
- Society of St. Vincent de Paul -...
- Samaritan House - Administration...
- Homeless Help Kitchen - Society...
- Get up & Go Volunteer -...
- Mills-Peninsula Health Services
- Caring Cupboard - City of San...
- Senior Nutrition
- SFO Travelers Information
- Monkey Toy Project - Los Altos...
- Meals on Wheels - Various...
- Peninsula Family Service - 70...
- San Mateo County Sheriff's Office
- Friendship Center Host/ Hostess-...
- Project Read Literacy Tutor
- Habitat for Humanity Greater SF...