11 people are interested
Provide support to our Veteran patients, ProMedica Hospice: a Not-for-Profit agency
ORGANIZATION: ProMedica Hospice
Please visit the new page to apply.
11 people are interested
We at ProMedica Hospice honor veterans and their service to our great nation. In an effort to expand our Vets-to-Vets program, we are calling on veterans in the community to help serve our veteran hospice patients and loved ones.
Why are Veterans important to ProMedica Hospice?
- The potential for a better match of patients and volunteers based on similar interests and experiences is increased.
- Veterans share a common language, code, and conduct of honor.
- Trust often develops faster between people who have common life
- The camaraderie between veterans can enhance civilian social roles.
- Sharing war experiences supports life review and healing.
About ProMedica Hospice
26211 Central Park Blvd., Suite 600, Southfield, MI 48076, US
The mission of ProMedica Hospice is to provide quality hospice care to patients with a limited life expectancy as well as support to their caregivers. The quality of life for those we serve is enhanced through palliative and specialized supportive care designed to meet the physical, psychosocial, social, and spiritual needs of the patients and caregivers. Hospice care is provided by an interdisciplinary team utilizing an approach to the care delivered to patients either in their own home or extended care facility, working cooperatively with area health care providers and other community resources. Heartland Hospice strives to provide care to all who are eligible and need hospice care irrespective of ability to pay.
ProMedica Hospice provides specialized care that meets the physical, emotional and spiritual needs of patients and loved ones facing the challenges of an advanced illness. The quality of life for those we serve is enhanced by encouraging personal choices, supporting meaningful experiences and preserving dignity.
We are committed to providing comfort of the mind, body and spirit. Our specially trained staff helps manage pain and symptoms, thereby enabling patients to live their lives as fully as possible.
Our team members create a comforting environment and provide emotional support to families who need help coping with the loss of a loved one.
Our volunteers are the cornerstone of our care. Their loving and generous contribution of time and compassion is what makes the difference in our patients' lives.
26211 Central Park Blvd.suite 600Southfield, MI 48076
November 15, 2022
- Elder care
- Veteran Care
- Hospice Care
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- It's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
- -Flu and Covid-19 vaccines are required -Attend volunteer orientation -2 step TB test (office provides) - Fingerprinting and background check( covered by the agency)