SFO Travelers Information Volunteer
Job Location: San Francisco International Airport
Community Need: Assist customers from all over the world with directions and information regarding the Airport and Bay Area.
Job Description: Volunteers staff Airport Information Desks, welcoming visitors to the Bay Area. They assist airport passengers, and answer general questions about the airport, Bay Area activities, hotels and ground transportation.
Pleasant and professional manner, patient and dependable.
Fluent in English, additional language skills helpful, but not required.
Strong interpersonal skills, able to work independently or with a team.
Able to problem solve in a fast-paced environment.
Good listening and communication skills.
Basic knowledge of computers.
Time Commitment: 4 hour shifts are needed per week for a minimum of one year.
Orientation/Training Provided: Volunteer orientation and training provided by staff. There is on-going on the job training as well.
Benefits: Free parking while volunteering. Uniform is provided.
There is no reimbursement for mileage or bus fare.
- Basic Computer Skills
- People Skills
- Problem Solving
- Customer Service
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 55
- Orientation or Training
- 4 hours per week for one year
- Reading Tutor - Reading Partners
- Mercy Beyond Borders - Accountant
- Kitchen/ Food Pantry - Samaritan...
- Early Literacy Program - Avenidas
- Sutter Care at Home - Hospice...
- Senior Focus - W&W and DEEP...
- Mobility Ambassador - San Mateo...
- City of San Mateo - Shopping...
- Senior Focus - RSVP and FGP...
- Ecumenical Hunger Program -...
- Senior Focus - Activity...
- SFO Travelers Information
- Sutter Care at Home - Volunteer...
- Monkey Toy Project - Los Altos...
- Food Pantry Assistant -...
- Peninsula Family Service - 70...
- Daly City Peninsula Partnership...
- Senior Focus - Office Support
- Friendship Center Host/ Hostess-...
- Habitat for Humanity Greater SF...