SFO Travelers Information Volunteer
Job Location: San Francisco International Airport. Assist customers from all over the world with directions and information regarding the Airport and Bay Area. Volunteers staff Airport Information Desks, welcoming visitors to the Bay Area. They assist airport customers to transit SFO, and answer general questions about Bay Area activities, hotels and ground transportation. Positive attitude, and good verbal communication skills. An interview, background check and fingerprinting and several training sessions are required. 4 hour shifts are needed per week for a minimum of one year. Volunteer orientation and training provided by staff. There is on-going on the job training as well.
Free parking while volunteering. Uniform is provided. There is no reimbursement for mileage or bus fare.
- Basic Computer Skills
- People Skills
- Problem Solving
- Customer Service
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 55
- Orientation or Training
- 4 hours per week for one year
- Reading Tutor - Reading Partners
- Food Delivery - Society of St....
- Kitchen/ Food Pantry - Samaritan...
- Radio Operator - Blackberry...
- Early Literacy Program - Avenidas
- Homeless Help Kitchen - Society...
- Get up & Go Volunteer
- Mills-Peninsula Health Services
- Caring Cupboard - City of San...
- Mobility Ambassador - San Mateo...
- Senior Nutrition
- Lifeline Services Mills- Peninsula
- Recreation Instructor
- SFO Travelers Information
- Monkey Toy Project - Los Altos...
- Meals on Wheels
- San Mateo County Sheriff's Office
- Friendship Center Host/ Hostess-...
- Project Read Literacy Tutor
- Habitat for Humanity Greater SF...