SFO Travelers Information Volunteer
Job Location: San Francisco International Airport
Community Need: Assist customers from all over the world with directions and information regarding the Airport and Bay Area.
Job Description: Volunteers staff Airport Information Desks, welcoming visitors to the Bay Area. They assist airport passengers, and answer general questions about the airport, Bay Area activities, hotels and ground transportation.
Pleasant and professional manner, patient and dependable.
Fluent in English, additional language skills helpful, but not required.
Strong interpersonal skills, able to work independently or with a team.
Able to problem solve in a fast-paced environment.
Good listening and communication skills.
Basic knowledge of computers.
Time Commitment: 4 hour shifts are needed per week for a minimum of one year.
Orientation/Training Provided: Volunteer orientation and training provided by staff. There is on-going on the job training as well.
Benefits: Free parking while volunteering. Uniform is provided.
There is no reimbursement for mileage or bus fare.
- Basic Computer Skills
- People Skills
- Problem Solving
- Customer Service
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 55
- Orientation or Training
- 4 hours per week for one year
- Reading Tutor - Reading Partners
- Mercy Beyond Borders - Accountant
- Radio Operator - Blackberry...
- Early Literacy Program - Avenidas
- Samaritan House - Administration...
- Homeless Help Kitchen - Society...
- Get up & Go Volunteer -...
- Mills-Peninsula Health Services
- Caring Cupboard - City of San...
- Senior Nutrition
- Senior Focus - Activity...
- Senior Focus - Activities...
- SFO Travelers Information
- Monkey Toy Project - Los Altos...
- Meals on Wheels - Meal Delivery...
- Peninsula Family Service - 70...
- San Mateo County Sheriff's Office
- Friendship Center Host/ Hostess-...
- Project Read Literacy Tutor
- Habitat for Humanity Greater SF...