The Arts of Life is a community of artists with and without disabilities working together to realize our full potential. We are currently seeking a dance instructor for our supplemental studio programming. All dance disciplines welcome as long as you are passionate about what you teach! This unpaid volunteer position is vital to our community and is an exciting opportunity to be part of a vibrant, creative group of adult artists.
- Teach weekly dance classes to people with developmental and intellectual disabilities
- Modify classes to meet the needs of the participants
- Prepare a performance, video, or demonstration upon completion of the session
- Delegate appropriate tasks to volunteers assisting with the activity
- Maintain attendance and participation log
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL:
- Have a dance background and notable experience in a particular style
- Enjoy working with all kinds of people from different backgrounds and abilities
- Demonstrate prompt and reliable attendance
- Problem solve and work with minimal supervision
- Work in a spirit of mutual cooperation.
- Show initiative, dedication, and creativity.
- Have a consistently positive and resilient attitude
- Stage Management
- Theater Arts
- Visual Arts
- Teaching / Instruction
- Special Needs
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- One hour per week
- Arts Collective seeks Archivist...
- Interested in the visual arts,...
- Artist Mentor
- Music Assistant
- Arts Marketing Volunteer/Intern
- Adaptive Engineering Intern
- Production Volunteer/Intern
- Dance Instructor
- Interested in collaborative...
- Are you a gifted musician or...
- Interested in Arts...
- Interested in the Visual Arts?...
- Archivist Assistant