32 people are interested
Support Artists with Disabilities in Glenview
ORGANIZATION: Arts of Life North Shore
Please visit the new page to apply.
32 people are interested
Become an Artist Mentor!!
The Arts of Life advances the creative arts community by providing artists with intellectual and developmental disabilities a collective space to expand their practice and strengthen their leadership. We are currently seeking Artist Mentors to assist and collaborate with our artists in the pursuit and development of their creative practices. This unpaid volunteer position is vital to our community and is an exciting opportunity to be part of a vibrant, creative group of adult artists.
- Empowering our artists is an important part of The Arts of Life model. You will partner with studio staff to share your specific skill-set and technical expertise with the artists in the studio.
- Complete documentation related to the happenings of the studio each day
- Directly supervise and collaborate with assigned artists, including, but not limited to the following: helping artists to implement their goals, assisting artists with taking out and putting away supplies for their projects, providing technical assistance related to their projects, assisting studio staff with transportation.
- Assist staff and artists in maintaining the studio and the art, including, but not limited to: brush care, studio upkeep and repair and cleanup
- You may also be asked to assist in stretching canvas and matting, framing, and hanging work.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL:
- Demonstrate prompt and reliable attendance
- Solve problem solve and work with minimal supervision.
- Work in a spirit of mutual cooperation.
- Show initiative, dedication, and creativity.
- Have a consistently positive and resilient attitude
- Be able to assist all individuals served by Arts to Life, Inc. studio
- Must be 18 years of age or over
- Comfortable working with people with disabilities
- Fully vaccinated
- Able to pass a background check
- morning / 09:00 AM to 11:45 AM
- 09:00 AM to 03:00 PM
- afternoon / 12:30 PM to 03:00 PM
- NONE OF THESE TIMES WORK FOR ME, BUT I CAN STILL HELP
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About Arts of Life North Shore
1963 Johns Drive, Glenview, IL 60025, US
Arts of Life advances the creative arts community by providing artists with intellectual and developmental disabilities a collective space to expand their practice and strengthen their leadership.
Arts of Life is a non profit organization committed to providing high quality, innovative services for adults with developmental disabilities. Our community is arts based and focused on the growth of its artists through the creation of a supportive environment.
1963 Johns DriveGlenview, IL 60025
April 19, 2022
- Visual Arts
- Special Needs
- Relationship Building
- Exhibition Arts
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 4 hr weekly minimum commitment for in person. Virtual only or dual virtual/ in-person volunteering is available.
- Orientation/ training provided. Background check required. Applicants for in-person volunteering must be fully vaccinated.