- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
25 people are interested
The Arts of Life advances the creative arts community by providing artists with intellectual and developmental disabilities a collective space to expand their practice and strengthen their leadership. We are currently seeking Artist Mentors to assist and collaborate with our artists in the pursuit and development of their creative practices. This unpaid volunteer position is vital to our community and is an exciting opportunity to be part of a vibrant, creative group of adult artists.
- Empowering our artists is an important part of The Arts of Life model. You will partner with studio staff to share your specific skill-set and technical expertise with the artists in the studio.
- Complete documentation related to the happenings of the studio each day
- Directly supervise and collaborate with assigned artists, including, but not limited to the following: helping artists to implement their goals, assisting artists with taking out and putting away supplies for their projects, providing technical assistance related to their projects, assisting studio staff with transportation.
- Assist staff and artists in maintaining the studio and the art, including, but not limited to: brush care, studio upkeep and repair, meal prep and cleanup
- You may also be asked to assist in stretching canvas and matting, framing, and hanging work.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL:
- Demonstrate prompt and reliable attendance
- Solve problem solve and work with minimal supervision.
- Work in a spirit of mutual cooperation.
- Show initiative, dedication, and creativity.
- Have a consistently positive and resilient attitude
- Be able to assist all individuals served by Arts to Life, Inc. studio
- Must be 18 years of age or over
- Comfortable working with people with disabilities
We'll work with your schedule.
1963 Johns DriveGlenview, IL 60025
- Visual Arts
- Special Needs
- Relationship Building
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 6+ hours available