The Arts of Life is a community of artists with and without disabilities working together to realize our full potential. We are currently seeking an Adaptive Engineering Intern. The Adaptive Engineering Intern will collaborate with full time staff to create assistive tools that meet the unique needs of the artists. This unpaid internship position is vital to our community and is an exciting opportunity to be part of a vibrant, creative group of adult artists.
Research and Observation
* After observing research and brainstorm adaptive ideas
* Discuss observed needs with artists to reach a collaborative solution
* Propose ideas to Volunteer Coordinator and Studio Coordinator
* Select best proposals
Execution and Fabrication
* Create prototype of selected proposals
* Gain artist feedback about prototypes
* Revise tool when necessary
* Create final product
Review and Observation
* Self-evaluate and identify strengths and weaknesses of tool
* Evaluate and research potential for broader use and manufacturing
* Gain feedback from Volunteer Coordinator and Studio Coordinator
* Adjust tool if necessary
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL:
* Demonstrate prompt and reliable attendance
* Solve problem solve and work with minimal supervision.
* Work in a spirit of mutual cooperation.
* Show initiative, dedication, and creativity.
* Have a consistently positive and resilient attitude.
* Be able to assist all individuals served by The Arts to Life, Inc. studio.
* Strong written and verbal skills
* Pursuing an Engineering degree or Engineering career path
* Confident and familiar with a Mac Platform
* Excellent time management and demonstrated ability to work with minimal
- Problem Solving
- Visual Arts
- Special Needs
- Product Development
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18