Our campus has many beautiful natural areas that could use someone with a green thumb. Our Pavilions contain private courtyards for the residents to enjoy, with a variety of plants and flowers in need of attention.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Planting annuals, perennials, shrubs, and trees.
- Watering, deadheading, and weeding/mulching.
- Basic gardening knowledge.
- Enjoy being outdoors.
- A willingness to take guidance.
- A willingness to have fun.
- Volunteer must be at least 16 years of age or accompanied by an adult.
- For the safety of our residents, all volunteers must agree to a background check.
- Maintain confidentiality.
- Grounds staff will provide directions as needed.
- Volunteer will be provided a handbook with rules and guidelines. Training will be provided on an ongoing basis.
- Our campus is open seven days a week, with gardening hours generally between 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM, so hours are flexible.
- We ask that you commit to volunteer once a week for a minimum of two months, however other options are possible.
- Make a difference in the life of someone who needs extra care and attention.
- Be a part of a community of caring.
- Be a part of creating a beautiful, Eden atmosphere for our residents.
Good Match For
Kids Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Concert on the Lawn Set-up...
- Outings & Field Trips
- Gardening/Grounds Volunteer
- Pet Care Volunteer
- Concert on the Lawn Event...
- One-on-One Companion
- Transporting Residents to...
- Technology Volunteer (Church...
- Concert on the Lawn Parking...
- Postering Volunteers
- Concert on the Lawn Tear Down...
- Adult Day Center Volunteer
- Strawberry Social & Collector...
- Bingo Helpers/Caller
- Volunteer Musicians
- Life Enrichment Volunteer