Our Day Center provides care for adults who might benefit from enhanced socialization and recreation with peers. Day Center volunteers assist with meal and snack times. They also help participants take part in activities, including special intergenerational activities, and accompany participants on field trips as necessary.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist with escorting participants to and from activities.
- Provide conversation, a friendly ear, and support for the participant.
- Assist with clean-up at the end of the day or after an activity.
- Accompany participants to off-site trips as planned.
- A willingness to have fun.
- Empathetic listening skills.
- Volunteer must be at least 18 years of age.
- For the safety of our residents, all volunteers must agree to a background check.
- Maintain confidentiality.
- Day Center staff will provide directions as needed.
- Volunteer will be provided a handbook with rules and guidelines. Training will be provided on an ongoing basis.
- Our Day Center is open weekdays generally between 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM, so hours are flexible.
- We ask that you commit to volunteer once a week for a minimum of two months, however other options are possible.
- Make a difference in the life of someone who needs extra care and attention.
- Be a part of a community of caring.
- Considering working in the health care industry? This is a great way to figure out if you’re interested in working with older adults as a career.
- People Skills
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training