Transporters help residents when they need to attend an appointment within the Pavilions complex.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist with escorting residents to and from therapy, salon, and other activities within the Pavilions. Resident may use a walker or be in a wheelchair.
- Provide conversation, a friendly ear, and support.
- A willingness to have fun.
- Empathetic listening skills.
- Volunteer must be at least 18 years of age.
- For the safety of our residents, all volunteers must agree to a background check.
- Maintain confidentiality.
- Pavilions staff will provide directions as needed.
- Volunteer will be provided a handbook with rules and guidelines. Training will be provided on an ongoing basis.
- Wheelchair Safety Training will be provided.
- Appointments are scheduled weekdays a week generally between 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM, so hours are flexible.
- Typical shifts are from 9 am to 12 pm or 1 pm to 4 pm, Monday through Friday.
- We ask that you commit to volunteer a minimum of 15 hours in a year.
- Make a difference in someone’s life.
- Be a part of a community of caring.
- Considering working in the health care industry? This is a great way to figure out if you’re interested in working with older adults as a career.
- People Skills
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 3 hour shifts available, during the business week.
- Concert on the Lawn Set-up...
- Outings & Field Trips
- Gardening/Grounds Volunteer
- Pet Care Volunteer
- Concert on the Lawn Event...
- One-on-One Companion
- Transporting Residents to...
- Concert on the Lawn Parking...
- Postering Volunteers
- Concert on the Lawn Tear Down...
- Adult Day Center Volunteer
- Bingo Helpers/Caller
- Volunteer Musicians
- Life Enrichment Volunteer