Outings & Field Trip volunteers help residents when they go out in the community. It can involve helping residents shop at a local store, attending a play, musical, or sporting event, or going out to eat.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist residents to and from the facility vehicle. You may meet residents at the outing site or ride with if needed. You will not be transporting the residents in your vehicle.
- For shopping trips, assist resident with shopping, including placing items in the cart and removing them at checkout.
- Provide conversation, a friendly ear, and support as the resident partakes in the activity.
- Sit or walk with the resident during the activity/program.
- A willingness to have fun.
- Empathetic listening skills.
- Volunteer must be at least 18 years of age.
- For the safety of our residents, all volunteers must agree to a background check.
- Maintain confidentiality.
- Pavilions staff will travel with residents as well and will provide directions as needed.
- Volunteer will be provided a handbook with rules and guidelines. Training will be provided on an ongoing basis.
- Events and field trips are scheduled seven days a week generally between 8:00 AM to 8:00 PM, so hours are flexible.
- Activities staff send out lists of available opportunities every couple of weeks and you sign up for the ones that fit your schedule!
- Make a difference in someone’s life.
- Be a part of a community of caring.
- Have fun!
- People Skills
- Elder care
- Relationship Building
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Extremely flexible.
- Concert on the Lawn Set-up...
- Outings & Field Trips
- Gardening/Grounds Volunteer
- Concert on the Lawn Event...
- One-on-One Companion
- Transporting Residents to...
- Bird Feeder Maintenance
- Concert on the Lawn Parking...
- Postering Volunteers
- Concert on the Lawn Tear Down...
- Adult Day Center Volunteer
- Bingo Helpers/Caller
- Volunteer Musicians
- Life Enrichment Volunteer