Transportation Assistants help residents when they need to travel away from the Pavilions to events, appointments, outings, or for shopping. Transportation is provided via the facility vehicle or BATA.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist with escorting residents to and from the vehicle.
- For shopping trips, assist resident with shopping, including placing items in the cart and removing them at checkout.
- Provide conversation, a friendly ear, and support as the resident partakes in the activity.
- Sit with the resident during the activity/program.
- A willingness to have fun.
- Empathetic listening skills.
- Volunteer must be at least 18 years of age.
- For the safety of our residents, all volunteers must agree to a background check.
- Maintain confidentiality.
- Pavilions staff will provide directions as needed.
- Volunteer will be provided a handbook with rules and guidelines. Training will be provided on an ongoing basis.
- Events and field trips are scheduled seven days a week generally between 8:00 AM to 8:00 PM, so hours are flexible.
- We ask that you commit to volunteer once a week for a minimum of two months, however other options are possible.
- Make a difference in someone’s life.
- Be a part of a community of caring.
- Considering working in the health care industry? This is a great way to figure out if you’re interested in working with older adults as a career.
- People Skills
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18