Outings & Field Trips
DONATE TO THIS
12 people are interested
Outings & Field Trip volunteers help residents when they go out in the community. It can involve helping residents shop at a local store, attending a play, musical, or sporting event, or going out to eat.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist residents to and from the facility vehicle. You may meet residents at the outing site or ride with if needed. You will not be transporting the residents in your vehicle.
- For shopping trips, assist resident with shopping, including placing items in the cart and removing them at checkout.
- Provide conversation, a friendly ear, and support as the resident partakes in the activity.
- Sit or walk with the resident during the activity/program.
- A willingness to have fun.
- Empathetic listening skills.
- Volunteer must be at least 18 years of age.
- For the safety of our residents, all volunteers must agree to a background check.
- Maintain confidentiality.
- Pavilions staff will travel with residents as well and will provide directions as needed.
- Volunteer will be provided a handbook with rules and guidelines. Training will be provided on an ongoing basis.
- Events and field trips are scheduled seven days a week generally between 8:00 AM to 8:00 PM, so hours are flexible.
- Activities staff send out lists of available opportunities every couple of weeks and you sign up for the ones that fit your schedule!
- Make a difference in someone’s life.
- Be a part of a community of caring.
- Have fun!
About Grand Traverse Pavilions
1000 Pavilions Circle Drive, Traverse City, MI 49684, US
Grand Traverse Pavilions Mission is to provide accessible, trusted and compassionate care that enhances quality of life for aging adults.
Grand Traverse Pavilions is the region’s first and only public, nonprofit intergenerational continuum of care campus. The campus includes Grand Traverse Medical Care, our Intergenerational Community Center, the Wellness Center, our assisted-living community The Cottages, and the Grand Traverse Pavilions Foundation.
Our campus offers care and services to more than 300 adults whose needs vary from respite care to assisted living to long-term skilled nursing care to rehabilitation. The Pavilions is the only locally-owned and locally-operated nonprofit organization in Michigan that offers a broad range of intergenerational health care and residential programs and services in a shared environment.
Grand Traverse Pavilions is governed by the Grand Traverse County Department of Human Services Board and owned by Grand Traverse County. Our programs and services are community-based and community-focused.
Fiscally self-sufficient for approximately two decades, Grand Traverse Pavilions does not rely on any county monies for operations. With the assistance of our development arm, the Grand Traverse Pavilions Foundation, we deliver more than $3 million annually in charitable care and services to our local community members.
We'll work with your schedule.
Grand Traverse Pavilions1000 Pavilions CircleTraverse City, MI 49684
- People Skills
- Elder care
- Relationship Building
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Extremely flexible.