Life Enrichment Volunteer
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
DONATE TO THIS
26 people are interested
Life Enrichment Volunteers help with a wide variety of activities including games, music, crafts, woodworking, bowling, manicures, bingo, outings, and church services as they are comfortable/able. The more volunteers we have during activities, the more residents we can have participate.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist with escorting residents to and from activity programs.
- Assist resident with activity.
- Lead activities on a one-to-one basis with a resident or in groups.
- Helping and supporting residents as they participate in activities.
- Cleaning up after activities.
- A willingness to have fun.
- Empathetic listening skills.
- Volunteer must be at least 16 years of age or accompanied by an adult.
- For the safety of our residents, all volunteers must agree to a background check.
- Maintain confidentiality.
- Life Enrichment staff are in attendance at each of the events and will provide directions as needed.
- Volunteer will be provided a handbook with rules and guidelines. Training will be provided on an ongoing basis.
- Activities are scheduled seven days a week generally between 8:00 AM to 8:00 PM, so hours are flexible.
- Make a difference in someone’s life.
- Be a part of a community of caring.
- Considering working in the health care industry? This is a great way to figure out if you’re interested in working with older adults as a career.
About Grand Traverse Pavilions
1000 Pavilions Circle Drive, Traverse City, MI 49684, US
Grand Traverse Pavilions Mission is to provide accessible, trusted and compassionate care that enhances quality of life for aging adults.
Grand Traverse Pavilions is the region’s first and only public, nonprofit intergenerational continuum of care campus. The campus includes Grand Traverse Medical Care, our Intergenerational Community Center, the Wellness Center, our assisted-living community The Cottages, and the Grand Traverse Pavilions Foundation.
Our campus offers care and services to more than 300 adults whose needs vary from respite care to assisted living to long-term skilled nursing care to rehabilitation. The Pavilions is the only locally-owned and locally-operated nonprofit organization in Michigan that offers a broad range of intergenerational health care and residential programs and services in a shared environment.
Grand Traverse Pavilions is governed by the Grand Traverse County Department of Human Services Board and owned by Grand Traverse County. Our programs and services are community-based and community-focused.
Fiscally self-sufficient for approximately two decades, Grand Traverse Pavilions does not rely on any county monies for operations. With the assistance of our development arm, the Grand Traverse Pavilions Foundation, we deliver more than $3 million annually in charitable care and services to our local community members.
We'll work with your schedule.
Grand Traverse Pavilions1000 Pavilions CircleTraverse City, MI 49684
- People Skills
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Flexible hours.