Life Enrichment Volunteers help with a wide variety of activities including games, music, crafts, woodworking, bowling, manicures, bingo, outings, and church services as they are comfortable/able. The more volunteers we have during activities, the more residents we can have participate.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist with escorting residents to and from activity programs.
- Assist resident with activity.
- Lead activities on a one-to-one basis with a resident or in groups.
- Helping and supporting residents as they participate in activities.
- Cleaning up after activities.
- A willingness to have fun.
- Empathetic listening skills.
- Volunteer must be at least 16 years of age or accompanied by an adult.
- For the safety of our residents, all volunteers must agree to a background check.
- Maintain confidentiality.
- Life Enrichment staff are in attendance at each of the events and will provide directions as needed.
- Volunteer will be provided a handbook with rules and guidelines. Training will be provided on an ongoing basis.
- Activities are scheduled seven days a week generally between 8:00 AM to 8:00 PM, so hours are flexible.
- Make a difference in someone’s life.
- Be a part of a community of caring.
- Considering working in the health care industry? This is a great way to figure out if you’re interested in working with older adults as a career.
- People Skills
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Flexible hours.
- Concert on the Lawn Set-up...
- Outings & Field Trips
- Gardening/Grounds Volunteer
- Pet Care Volunteer
- Concert on the Lawn Event...
- One-on-One Companion
- Transporting Residents to...
- Concert on the Lawn Parking...
- Postering Volunteers
- Concert on the Lawn Tear Down...
- Adult Day Center Volunteer
- Strawberry Social & Collector...
- Bingo Helpers/Caller
- Volunteer Musicians
- Life Enrichment Volunteer