EXERCISE + Wooftrax (free cell app) = Free $$ & Free VET Advice via text!
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
DONATE TO THIS
47 people are interested
Get Healthy by exercising & Raise Money for RHR at the same time! Free to use! Wooftrax will make a donation on behalf of your earned mileage once every 6 to 7 months!! The more active exercisers the more money they will donate, so get your friends involved too!
Make sure to click on [+] READ MORE button below to read more information on this opportunity!
1 animal is euthanized in the U.S. every 16 seconds, 4 million annually (Humane Society of US).
"If you think you are too small to make a difference, try sleeping with a mosquito." The Dalai Lama
Wooftrax donates approx. $.11 to $.25 per mile!
ADDED BENEFIT:FREE veterinarian advice ($118/year value) for your pets via text messaging, in real-time!!
It calculates the mileage, time, maps the route and gives you your stats for the day, month, and year!
Let your miles/exercise help by downloading the app on your Smartphone.
Length of term:
Must use the app at least once a week for 20 minutes. Can start immediately.
Outside exercise (uses GPS).
Be able to Walk, Jog, Run, Hike, Bike (under 14 mph), X-country ski, Snow Shoe, and/or etc...
After you download and set up the app on your smartphone, take your phone with you when you exercise (alone, with your friend(s) or your dog). Simply press the Start Walking button and the app will keep track of your walk. When you are done with your walk, press Stop Walking. After the green heart appears next to your walk on the History screen, it is successfully. Each walker's distance is recorded and added to the rescue's weekly sum.
- Download the FREE application on your cell phone through www.wooftrax.com
- Hit "Get"
- Hit "Install"
- Click on "Walk for A Dog" logo on your phone
- Enter your First Name, Last Name and your e-mail address
- "I am walking for" > hit "Change"
- Choose State "New York" & "Ruff House Rescue" as your shelter
- Check your e-mail for enrollment confirmation and click on the link in the e-mail. Once you click on the link it will state "successfully verified your e-mail"
- Go back into the Wooftrax application and click on "Start Walk for a Dog'
- If you want you can add your dog information and photo or can "Walk with Cassie" if you don't want to add a dog or don't have a dog.
- Start Exercising!! When you are done hit the "Stop Walking"
- Try out the Wooftrax app if you don't like it you can try the "ResQWalk" app opportunity. ** PLEASE CLICK ON THE "Ruff House Rescue (RHR)" LINK (located on the upper, left-hand side of the page ABOVE the red "I want to help!" button). ** Once a new page opens click on the volunteer listing you are interested in learning more about.
FREE VETERINARIAN ADVICE TEXTED TO YOU:
- Use the Wooftrax application at least once a week.
- Text "Wooftrax" to the number they provide you in your welcome e-mail.
- A website will be texted to you.
- Go to the website and enter your contact information and questions regarding your pet for the veterinarian to answer. (Example: My 4 year old dog has white discharge coming from his left eye)
- A Vet will be contact you via text message.
- Additional Questions --- http://www.wooftrax.com/faq
- How do donations work? Funds from each donation period are divided among shelters and rescues based on the number of people who are actively walking for each organization as seen on the Impact tab of the app. The more active walkers per donation period, the more (and more often!) that organization receives donations.
- What is an "active walker?" An active walker is anyone who uses the app an average of at least once a week. So to remain an active walker for your selected organization, please use the app once a week (at the very least)!
- Does the app use any data on my phone? The app does not use any data during a walk and only uses a small amount of data at the end of the walk to credit it to your selected organization. If you are on Wi-Fi at the end of your walk, it will not use any data at all.
- Is using the GPS on the app using my data plan? GPS as a technology does not use any data, and the Walk for a Dog app works without data. Once a user’s phone is back in range of Wi-Fi or a cell signal, the app (on next use) will upload the previous walks to our systems.
- I have a technical question about the app. Who should I contact? First, make sure that you are using the most recent version of the app. Updating to the most recent version will solve most issues. If you are still having trouble, email us at email@example.com with the make and model of your phone and the email address you used to register the app.
- Can I walk on a treadmill, or use a stationary bike? The Walk for a Dog app is designed for walking outdoors and uses GPS to track your walks. It won't show miles if you are walking indoors on a treadmill-in order to show a walk, you need to be changing location while outside.
- Please click on the red button "I want to help!" on the upper left hand corner of the page and
- Include in the comments:
- If you are participating in this opportunity --- we want to Thank You!
- Your comments/thoughts about this opportunity
- Your question(s)
2. MORE INFORMATION:
RHR’s website - In the upper left hand corner of this page click on the "Ruff House Rescue" link. Click on the "More Information" tab and the website address is located to the right under "Website".
3. UNDER AGE REQUIREMENT:
See our "Junior Volunteer" positions
4. COMMUNITY HOURS:
See application for hours exercised! Some other ideas -- a "drive" for Kennel Supplies, Start a "RHR Dog Rescue Club" and help our mission (with Baked Goods Sales, Monies/Pennies for RHR Fundraiser, or Wear Jeans or PJs for A Day) or a Garage |Tag Sale at your school | church |community center you could have someone LOCAL be a Coordinator of your hours. Also see the "Exercise + ResQWalk" or "Exercise + Wooftrax" volunteer opportunities where your time and distance exercised is recorded on the cell phone application.
Our mission is to rescue homeless pets that suffer from abuse, neglect, and indifference. Our goal is to create awareness of the epidemic of homeless pets and educate on the importance of spaying and neutering, ID tagging, and training these pets. Through our rescue efforts we are both saving lives and cultivating the natural connection between man and his best friend.
THANK YOU FOR LOOKING AT OUR VOLUNTEER POST AT RHR!
We'll work with your schedule.
This is a Virtual Opportunity, with no fixed address.
- Outdoor Recreation
- Snow Sports
- People 55+
- Must be at least 5
- If under 18 years old please get permission of your parent/guardian.