UNTIL 1/15/2017: PRIZES!!! ** WIN GIFT CARDS ** GEAR ** BZEE SHOES ** HANDBAG!! ** Major retailers for gift cards!!!
Lucky walkers chosen at random each week!!! But you must walk at least 1/4 mile to win. And install or update to the most recent version of the app.
FREE OPPORTUNITY: Will you be our NEXT Active Walker with Wooftrax? Wooftrax donates $.11 to $.25 per mile exercised!! The more Active Walkers the more money they donate. PLUS RECEIVE FREE veterinarian advice for your pets via text!! Must use the app at least once a week. Get Healthy and Raise Money for RHR at the same time!
Make sure to click on [+] READ MORE button below to read more information on this opportunity!
Let your miles help by downloading the app on your Smartphone. Put in your pant's pocket while you Walk, Jog, Run, Hike, Bike (under 14 mph), X-country ski, Snow Shoe, & etc... It calculates the mileage, time, maps the route and gives you your stats for the day, month, and year!
- AGE REQUIREMENT: None -- If under 18 years old please get permission from your guardian/parent
- DURATION/TIME COMMITMENT: 20 minutes per walk/at least once a week for as long as you wish
- START: Immediately
- COMMUNITY HOURS: We do not provide a letter for this position -BUT- you can get information from the Wooftrax app on your phone (miles & hours walked). ALSO if you do a "drive" for Kennel Supplies, Pennies for RHR Fundraiser or a Garage/Tag Sale at your school/church/community center you could have someone LOCAL be a Coordinator of your hours.
- MORE VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES: See below or ** PLEASE CLICK ON THE BLUE "Ruff House Rescue (RHR)" LINK (located on the upper, left-hand side of the page ABOVE the red "I want to help!" button). ** Once a new page opens click on the volunteer listing you are interested in learning more about.
After you download and set up the app on your smartphone, take your phone with you when you exercise (alone, with your friend(s) or your dog). Simply press the Start Walking button and the app will keep track of your walk. When you are done with your walk, press Stop Walking. After the green heart appears next to your walk on the History screen, it is successfully logged for your selected organization. Each walker's distance is recorded and added to the rescue's weekly sum.
- Download the FREE application on your cell phone through www.wooftrax.com
- Hit "Get"
- Hit "Install"
- Click on "Walk for A Dog" logo on your phone
- Enter your First Name, Last Name and your e-mail address
- "I am walking for" > hit "Change"
- Choose State "New York" & "Ruff House Rescue" as your shelter
- Check your e-mail for enrollment confirmation and click on the link in the e-mail. Once you click on the link it will state "successfully verified your e-mail"
- Go back into the Wooftrax application and click on "Start Walk for a Dog'
- If you want you can add your dog information and photo or can "Walk with Cassie" if you don't want to add a dog or don't have a dog.
- Start Exercising!! When you are done hit the "Stop Walking"
- Try out the Wooftrax app if you don't like it you can try the ResQWalk app opportunity. ** PLEASE CLICK ON THE BLUE "Ruff House Rescue (RHR)" LINK (located on the upper, left-hand side of the page ABOVE the red "I want to help!" button). ** Once a new page opens click on the volunteer listing you are interested in learning more about.
- Use the Wooftrax application at least once a week.
- Text "Wooftrax" to 67076.
- A website will be texted to you.
- Go to the website and enter your contact information and questions regarding your pet for the veterinarian to answer. (Example: My 4 year old dog has white discharge coming from his left eye.)
- A Vet will be in contact you via text message.
Communicate via VolunteerMatch:
- Please click on the red button "I want to help!" on the upper left hand corner of the page and
- Include in the comments:
- If you are participating in this opportunity --- we want to Thank You!
- Your comments/thoughts about this opportunity
- Your question(s)
- Additional Questions --- http://www.wooftrax.com/faq
- How do donations work? Funds from each donation period are divided among shelters and rescues based on the number of people who are actively walking for each organization as seen on the Impact tab of the app. The more active walkers per donation period, the more (and more often!) that organization receives donations.
- What is an "active walker?" An active walker is anyone who uses the app an average of at least once a week. So to remain an active walker for your selected organization, please use the app once a week (at the very least)!
- Does the app use any data on my phone? The app does not use any data during a walk and only uses a small amount of data at the end of the walk to credit it to your selected organization. If you are on Wi-Fi at the end of your walk, it will not use any data at all.
- Is using the GPS on the app using my data plan? GPS as a technology does not use any data, and the Walk for a Dog app works without data. Once a user’s phone is back in range of Wi-Fi or a cell signal, the app (on next use) will upload the previous walks to our systems.
- I have a technical question about the app. Who should I contact? First, make sure that you are using the most recent version of the app. Updating to the most recent version will solve most issues. If you are still having trouble, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the make and model of your phone and the email address you used to register the app.
- Can I walk on a treadmill, or use a stationary bike? The Walk for a Dog app is designed for walking outdoors and uses GPS to track your walks. It won't show miles if you are walking indoors on a treadmill-in order to show a walk, you need to be changing location while outside.
VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES WITH RHR:
(Copy and paste the above link into your web browser or Click on the blue "Ruff House Rescue RHR" link located on the upper, left hand corner of the screen). Look below for even more positions posted on Our website too!
- Dog Walkers [or] Kennel Cleaners -- 3 hrs/week! (Freeport, NY)
- Adoption Counselors, Post-Adoption Counselors [or] Foster Coordinators (Virtual) -- HOLD
- Unique Volunteer Positions (Virtual & In-person)
- E-mail Assistant [or] Social Media Blogger (Virtual) -- HOLD
- Exercise + ResQWalk (Virtual Opp)
- Foster-to-Adopt [or] Foster Dogs/Puppies ** Urgent** (Freeport, NY)
- Garage/Tag Sale [or] Tupperware, PartyLite Hosting (Virtual Opportunity)
- Grant Researcher/Writer [or] Fundraising Scout (Virtual) -- HOLD
- Internet Surfing --- 3 Ways to Help Out (Virtual Opportunity)
- Junior Volunteers -- Virtual Opportunities (and In-person too)!
- Transport Our Pets (Near Freeport, NY) -- HOLD
- Owner Surrender Coordinator (Virtual) -- HOLD
- Pennies for RHR Fundraiser -- Easy, Any Age/Group (Virtual Opp)
- Photographers & Videographers (In-person)
- Post Flyers [or] Install/Collect Donation Boxes (Long Island, NY)-- HOLD
- RHR Store Assistant (Long Island)
- Shoppers Get Your Coupons & "Shop-On" (Internet/Virtual Opportunity)
- Supplies for Rescue's Kennel (Virtual and In-person Opportunity)
- Exercise + Wooftrax (Virtual)
- Wear Jeans for A Day (Virtual)
***********************************************************************Our mission is to rescue homeless pets that suffer from abuse, neglect, and indifference. Our goal is to create awareness of the epidemic of homeless pets and educate on the importance of spaying and neutering, ID tagging, and training these pets. Through our rescue efforts we are both saving lives and cultivating the natural connection between man and his best friend.
Ruff House Rescue, P.O. Box 365, Oceanside, NY 11572
DOGS/CATS FOR ADOPTION OR FOSTER:
THANK YOU FOR LOOKING AT OUR VOLUNTEER POST AT RHR!
- Outdoor Recreation
Good Match For
Kids Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 5
- If under 18 years old please get permission of your parent/guardian.
- U-R-G-E-N-T!!! Dog Walkers [or]...
- Store Assistant or Clerk at...
- Foster-to-Adopt |or| Foster Dogs...
- Junior Volunteers --- In-person...
- Donations for Thrifty Pawz...
- Internet Surfing --- 3 Ways to...
- Supplies --- Collect them for...
- Create Masterpieces for RHR's...
- Petco Adoption Events
- FREE VET ADVICE! Exercise +...
- Poster Campaign
- Junior Volunteers -- Virtual...
- Pennies for RHR Fundraiser --...
- Garage|Tag Sale |or| Tupperware,...
- Wear Jeans for A Day
- Photographers |or| Videographers...
- Get Your Coupons & Shop...
- Dog Treats | Baked Goods Sales
- Kitty Help at Petco
- Exercise + ResQWalk a free...