Hospice Volunteers Needed
15 people are interested
VOLUNTEERS ARE ORDINARY PEOPLE DOING EXTRAORDINARY THINGS!
The main role of a volunteer at Kinder Hearts Hospice is patient and family support depending on each individual client's needs. Volunteers also provide crucial assistance with administrative support, community outreach and special projects.
There are an array of duties to be performed including:
- Listening as a patient shares memories, feelings and fears
- Making supportive calls and visits to bereaved family members and friends
- Telephoning patients and families to offer reassurance and comfort
- Providing administrative support in the Kinder Hearts Hospice office
- Running errands, performing light housekeeping chores
- Reading, playing games, listening to music
- Light yardwork
Orientation will be given to those who apply and can fit the criteria of our company. They must agree to and pass a criminal history check.
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
We'll work with your schedule.
842 N. Mockingbird LaneAbilene, TX 79603
- Music Therapy
- Spiritual Healing
- Bereavement Support
- Hospice Care
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 16 hrs. flexible training
- Make your own schedule. Suggested frequency includes 1-3 hrs. a visit with 1-2 times a week