In-Patient rehabilitation can be a stressful time for our patients and families. Pet therapy visits offer a diversion from the patients routine and provide an enjoyable activity that is beneficial for the patient and family members.
- Provides patients and families with a diversion from the normal
- Promotes a sense of play and humor
- Stimulates physical activity and social interaction
- Diminishes feeling of isolation and loneliness
Available when clients need support the most, on evenings and weekends.
Ability/willingness to commit to between 1-4 hours at least once each or every other week.
Available volunteer opportunities:
- Monday through Friday any time between 6-8pm.
- Saturday and Sunday any time between 9:30a-11:30a or 12:30p-4:30
Dogs must be certified through an established pet therapy program such as Pet Partners, Therapy Dogs International or Canine companions.
Pet handler volunteers must have good communication skills,listening skills and the ability to work independently with enthusiasm.
Pet must have all required vaccines and certificates.
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Weekly visits preferred
- Pet and owner must be certified as a pet therapy visitor.