2nd Chances is a first year start up, nonprofit. This is a professional volunteer opportunity. Seeking diverse & experienced professionals who have a passion for the mission with preferable experience in any of the following:
Professional, subject matter expert
2nd Chances Nonprofit
2nd Chances is committed to providing those with convictions resources to establish structure for optimal community outcomes upon reentry. Our services will support those in need with employment placement & growth opportunities with prudent supervision to establish consistency, and empowerment in order to finalize the reform intended.
Go to www.2econdchances.com for more information
2nd Chances value & projected impact
* Gross domestic output impact
* Reduced risk of outsourcing/Revenue loss
* Increased safety
* Consistency/fairness compared to other progressed states e.g. FCRA
(Criminal convictions are reportable indefinitely, unless your state provides otherwise.)
* Fulfills job gap/increases revenue
* Lowered expense
* Increased revenue/commerce
* National attention/positive PR
* Increased community safety
* Lowered poverty/ lowered social service utilization
* Job gap fulfillment/increase in state revenue
* Reduction in criminal interstate issues/extradition expenses
* Paid training programs for incarcerated put toward utilization
* Reduced overcrowding
* Less liability
* Great PR
* Budget utilization for optimal results
* Impact reach
* Resource utilization
* Reduced tax dollars on prisons
* Additional tax paying citizens increasing state and federal revenue
* Cultural reduction through generations
* Empowers individual/family/community
* Learning opportunity, proactive stance on true reform
* Reduces community risk & safety issues, addresses hierarchy of immediate needs
* Federal bonded programs
* WOTC tax credit
* Works in tandem to our local business (local commerce)
* Indirect marketing (publicly listed as affiliate in our marketing)
* Available training programs at lower cost
* Fills needed positions
* Gain loyal workers
* Acting as a social responsible organization
* Resolves imminent worker gap; largest portion of population to exit market in the next 5-10 years
* Reduces loss to compeitors in other states, as telecommuting is becoming conventional
* Reinforced Mission
* Service utilization/gain resource
* Reach/Scope of mutual impact
* Access to new metrics
* Fulfills job gap
* Legitimate income
* Provide to family
* Consistency & structure
The Board will support the work of and provide mission-based leadership and strategic governance. While day-to-day operations are led by 2nd Chances chief executive officer (CEO), the Board-CEO relationship is a partnership, and the appropriate involvement of the Board is both critical and expected.
Board Member responsibilities include:
Leadership, governance and oversight: Serving as a trusted advisor to the CEO as s/he develops and implements 2nd Chances strategic plan reviewing outcomes and metrics created by 2nd Chances for evaluating its impact, and regularly measuring its performance and effectiveness using those metrics.
Reviewing agenda and supporting materials prior to board and committee meetings
Approving 2nd Chance annual budget, audit reports, and material business decisions; being informed of, and meeting all, legal and fiduciary responsibilities.
Contributing to an annual performance evaluation of the CEO Assisting the CEO and board chair in identifying and recruiting other Board members
Partnering with the CEO and other board members to ensure that board resolutions are carried out Serving on committees or task forces and taking on special assignments
Representing 2nd Chances to stakeholders; acting as an ambassador for the organization Ensuring 2nd Chances commitment to a diverse board and staff that reflects the communities it serves.
Board Members will consider 2nd Chances a philanthropic priority and make annual gifts that reflect that priority. So that 2nd Chances can credibly solicit contributions from foundations, organizations, and individuals, 2nd Chances expects to have 100 percent of Board Members make an annual contribution that is commensurate with their capacity.
2nd Chances Board Members will serve a three-year term to be eligible for re-appointment for three additional terms.
Board meetings will be held quarterly and committee meetings will be held in coordination with full board meetings.
This is an extraordinary opportunity for an individual who is passionate about 2nd Chances mission and who has a track record of leadership.
Board Members will have achieved leadership stature in business, government, philanthropy, or the nonprofit sector. His/her accomplishments will allow him/her to attract other well-qualified, high-performing Board Members.
Ideal candidates will have the following qualifications:
Extensive professional experience with significant leadership accomplishments in business, government, philanthropy, or the nonprofit sector
A commitment to and understanding of 2nd Chances beneficiaries, preferably based on experience
Savvy diplomatic skills and a natural affinity for cultivating relationships and persuading, convening, facilitating, and building consensus among diverse individuals
Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and a passion for improving the lives of 2nd Chances beneficiaries
Service on 2nd Chances Board of Directors is without remuneration, except for administrative support, travel, and accommodation costs in relation to Board Members’ duties.
Desired Skills and Experience
This position requires the following skills: Professional Development, Fundraising
Please review our website, respond to this post or email linkedin Acct link or resume to email@example.com
Thank you for your consideration
- Resource Development / Management
- Business Development
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- committees monthly, board quarterly, some events.
- 3 year term, voluntary. No more than 3 terms