Are you looking for a volunteer opportunity in your community? Are you looking for experience with patient care? Do you enjoy sitting with patients, or providing companionship?
We have the perfect opportunity for you. Do not let the word HOSPICE scare you!
Novant Health Hospice provides remarkable care to all of our patients during their end of life journey. We provide holstic care, for the persons mind, body, and spirit. We are also very focused on helping the patients families during this time of need as well.
Novant Health Hospice offers multiple volunteer opprotunitys. We currently have the following programs:
- Outpatient Support- Helping patients in their homes
- Inpatient Support- helping patients on our Harris Hospice Unit at Novant Health Presbyterian Medical Center
- Giving Gardens- Coming into the office on Tuesdays and helping clean flowers
- Flower Delivery- Delivering special bouquets to new patients
- We Honor Veterans- Pairing Veteran patients with Veteran volunteers
- Pet Therapy- You must have your own Therapy Dog International Certified Pet to participate in this program.
- Caring Connections- Making weekly check-in phone calls to patients
- Office Support
- Bereavement Support- Making phone calls to check-in with those who have recently lost a loved one
We are always in need of anyone who is flexible and willing to help.We only ask for a 2-3 hour weekly commitment. We also ask for a one year commitment to our program.
If you are interested, please reach out, or go online to https://www.volgistics.com/ex/portal.dll/ap?ap=1912300435 fill out an application.
- Patient Care
- Veteran Care
- Bereavement Support
- Hospice Care
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 2-3 hours per week