Approximately 8 out of 10 Americans with disabilities between the ages of 16 and 64 are unemployed or underemployed and the majority live in poverty. Join our team to change this trend and end a pattern that has existed for far too long!
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the Chief Development Officer is responsible for:
- Overseeing all fundraising activities, including: grant writing, events, direct mail campaigns, and online giving.
- Working with the CEO and Board of Directors to develop an annual fundraising plan to meet the needs of the organization.
- Managing a team of volunteers including grant writers, event staff, website developers, prospect researchers, and other individuals.
- Advising the board on longterm strategic planning in terms of fundraising goals.
- Building and strengthening relationships with major individual and institutional donors.
- No less than five years of experience in the areas of fundraising, event planning, and grant writing. Experience in a senior development/fundraising position is preferred. Experience with startup organizations is also preferred.
- A college degree is not required, but preferred.
- Strong attention to detail, high level of organization, and excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- A positive, outgoing personality and a commitment to improve the lives of individuals with disabilities.
Applicants should complete this application and then email your resume to email@example.com. Also include a brief writing sample consisting of a grant proposal or other fundraising related document. Note: This position will become a paid position as soon as the organization's budget allows.
- Resource Development / Management
- Grant Writing / Research
- Donor Management
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- 5-10 hours per week
- Access to reliable transportation to attend meetings and events