Jewish Family Service of San Diego is a client-centered, impact-driven organization working to build a stronger, more resilient community. We believe our volunteers are the backbone of our Agency. We strive to ensure that each volunteer is treated with dignity and respect. Our goal is your success. Be our partner in Moving Forward Together.
The Hand Up Food Pantry believes in helping clients reach self-sufficiency by providing a 'hand up’ not just a hand out to clients experiencing food-insecurity. They accomplish this by connecting clients to resources in addition to providing emergency food relief to 800 families each month at distributions through San Diego County. In the past year, the Hand Up Food Pantry has provided 8,969 clients with 310,000 meals.
Goal of Position:
By entering raw data collected on clients and donations, the data entry specialist will contribute the Hand Up Food Pantry’s data driven-decisions and furthering the mission of serving clients with dignity.
- Gain experience working in a non-profit setting
- Gain experience in working with a client database
- Ability to assist in a critical area of need
- Take Emergency Food Intake forms and enter it into client database
- Keep accurate counts of who is accessing the food pantry for crucial record keeping purposes
- Perform general administrative tasks as needed
- Enter data related to food donations
- Proficient computer skills
- Open to learning about a client database
- Passion for helping others
- Independent and dependable worker
- Must be able to provide own transportation to the JFS Turk Family Center
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Complete a volunteer application at www.jfssd.org/volapp
- Complete Volunteer Interview with Hand Up Food Pantry Coordinator
- Must respect the confidentiality of JFS Clients and Information
- Must submit to a background check and reference check
Minimum 4 hours a week; Mondays-Thursday work best.
Jewish Family Service * Turk Family Center * 8804 Balboa Avenue * San Diego, CA * 92123
Hand Up Food Pantry Staff
- Database Administration
- Food Service
- Data Entry
- Basic Computer Skills
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Community Outreach Volunteer
- Table Captain- Balboa Ave Older...
- Development Administrative...
- Jewish BIGPals: Mentors Needed!
- Citizenship Instructor
- Kitchen Aide
- Murphy Canyon Military...
- Marketing & Social Media Intern
- Camp Pendleton Military...
- BrainHQ Facilitator
- Bikkur Holim: Become a Friendly...
- Fresh Market Distribution...
- Newsletter Production Volunteer
- Food Pantry Warehouse Volunteers...
- Receptionist Assistant
- Performer/Entertainer for Older...
- Volunteer Donor Steward
- Facilities Assitant
- Data Entry Specialist - Helping...
- Public Transportation Navigator