73 people are interested
Volunteer at the Museum of American Heritage!
Have you always wanted to support MOAH or just curious about how a museum operates?
Are you 18 years or older?
Help us and become a volunteer! MOAH relies on 100+ committed volunteers to help us operate the museum. From maintaining exhibits to helping in the garden, we can find the right opportunity for you!
We are extremely flexible with our volunteer opportunities and can work around your schedule. We offer short-term tasks to long-term projects and are certainly grateful for any time you can contribute to helping us showcase inventions of the past.
We offer fun and rewarding volunteer experiences in an encouraging environment, full of historic legacies from 1750 to 1950.
We have openings for gallery assistants!
- Gallery Assistant: Greet guests and assist our galleries. This position is perfect for someone who is customer service minded and looking for an interactive experience with our patrons at the museum (2.5 to 4-hour commitment, with shifts on Friday through Sunday). We have a particularly pressing need for a Gallery Assistant on Saturdays. You do not need to be present for the entire time on Saturday. The museum's operating hours are 11am-4pm.
- This is real world, hands on experience being front desk relief for the Gallery Supervisor and assisting in the gallery during our operating hours
- Good opportunity to understand how museums operate and also be immersed in the non-profit environment
- We will gladly sign off on community service hour requirements, including verification if necessary
- Are you a college student and are interested in a career in the museum industry or non-profits? We would be honored to write a letter of recommendation for your portfolio
- A great resume builder for those who are starting out in their career or transitioning to a new one
Have an idea in mind?
Do you have other skills that you want to contribute to MOAH but don’t see quite the right fit in the opportunities above? We welcome any and all ideas of where you would like to help. We are certain that we can find you an opportunity that would fit your interests! Feel free to propose a one-time task or project. Possibilities could include designing a flyer or helping us collate letters.
Why Volunteer at MOAH?
- We offer many flexible opportunities suited to your personal interests.
- There is absolutely no required time commitment-it’s up to you.
You must be at least 18 years old.
Please contact email@example.com or call (650) 321-1004.
351 Homer AvenuePalo Alto, CA 94302
- Public Speaking
- Exhibition Arts
- People Skills
- Public Relations
- Teaching / Instruction
- Arts Administration
- People 55+
- 2.5-4 hours with shifts from Friday-Sunday