134 people are interested
134 people are interested
Volunteer at the Museum of American Heritage!We have Virtual Volunteer Opportunities!
Have you always wanted to support MOAH or just curious about how a museum operates?
Are you 18 years or older and willing to complete a Volunteer Waiver of Liability form?
Before or on the first day of volunteering with MOAH, you must complete MOAH's waiver form and provide proof of vaccination status. This proof can be in the form of a picture on your phone, your vaccination card, and so forth. We will not file or hold your proof of vaccination status.
Help us and become a volunteer! MOAH relies on 100+ committed volunteers to help us operate the museum. From maintaining exhibits to helping in the garden, we can find the right opportunity for you!
We are extremely flexible with our volunteer opportunities and can work around your schedule. We offer short-term tasks to long-term projects and are certainly grateful for any time you can contribute to helping us showcase inventions of the past.
We offer fun and rewarding volunteer experiences in an encouraging environment, full of historic legacies from 1750 to 1950.
We have openings for gallery assistants!
- Gallery Assistant: Greet guests and assist our galleries. This position is perfect for someone who is customer service minded and looking for an interactive experience with our patrons at the museum (1 to 4-hour commitment, with shifts on Friday through Sunday). We have a particularly pressing need for a Gallery Assistant on Saturdays. You do not need to be present for the entire time on Saturday. The museum's operating hours are 11am-4pm.
- This is real world, hands on experience being front desk relief for the Gallery Supervisor and assisting in the gallery during our operating hours
- Good opportunity to understand how museums operate and also be immersed in the non-profit environment
- We will gladly sign off on community service hour requirements, including verification if necessary
- Are you a college student and are interested in a career in the museum industry or non-profits? We would be honored to write a letter of recommendation for your portfolio
- A great resume builder for those who are starting out in their career or transitioning to a new one
Have an idea in mind?
Do you have other skills that you want to contribute to MOAH but don’t see quite the right fit in the opportunities above? We welcome any and all ideas of where you would like to help. We are certain that we can find you an opportunity that would fit your interests! Feel free to propose a one-time task or project. Possibilities could include designing a flyer or helping us collate letters.
Why Volunteer at MOAH?
- We offer many flexible opportunities suited to your personal interests.
- There is absolutely no required time commitment-it’s up to you.
You must be at least 18 years old.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call (650) 321-1004.
MOAH is following COVID-19 guidelines with all employees, docents, volunteers and visitors are required to wear a mask. We also provide sanitizer, disinfect high touch areas, and require employees and volunteers to show proof of vaccination status.
About Museum of American Heritage
351 Homer Avenue, P. O. Box 1731, Palo Alto, CA 94302, US
The Museum of American Heritage preserves and presents the evolution of American invention. We seek to maintain and develop a public space in which all members of the community can better understand the present and envision the future by rediscovering the technological genius of our past.
Founded in 1985, the Museum of American Heritage opened its doors as a public museum in 1990. The museum preserves and presents the evolution of American invention, with collections that focus on Nineteenth and early Twentieth century mechanical and electrical devices. Housed in an historic 1907 residence in downtown Palo Alto, the museum features permanent exhibits including a kitchen, doctor's office, general store, and print shop. Two main galleries show three special theme exhibits annually. A 1500 square foot Learning Center provides space for meetings, lectures, classes, and events. The Museum is surrounded by historic gardens.The Museum is a non-profit corporation and is supported solely by memberships, donations, grants and class fees. Admission to the Museum is free.
351 Homer AvenuePalo Alto, CA 94302
November 1, 2021
- Public Speaking
- Exhibition Arts
- People Skills
- Public Relations
- Teaching / Instruction
- Arts Administration
- People 55+
- You may volunteer for 1-4 hours with shifts on Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays between 11am to 4pm.