A socially responsible frontline fundraiser is needed in the role of Volunteer Corporate Relations Officer to engage donors as partners in supporting ICAAD.Reporting directly to the Development Manager and working closely with the CoFounders and programs leadership, the Corporate Gifts Officer will:
- Solicit and obtain corporate sponsorships and grants for our human rights programs
- Protect the mission, goals and values of the organization
- Work collaboratively with, and in support of other volunteers, to cultivate and solicit sponsorships/grants for organizationalwide priorities through informal and formal communications
- Recommend and assist with strategic planning and annual budgeting leading to Major Corporate Gifts
- Create monthly reports that accurately records activity and performance based on internal key performance indicators (KPIs) and goals
This position requires a bachelor’s degree or higher plus five years of workrelated experience. Preference will be given to those with experience in the human rights space and nonprofit sector. The successful candidate will also have:
- Ability to create a personal relationship with the company’s corporate giving or pro bono department and a plan that takes into account the company's interests, motivations, giving patterns and ask preferences, in a timely and costeffective manner, and retains and upgrades these gifts annually
- A passion for human rights, understanding of the key players, and a desire to learn
- Ability to execute strategies as designed, meet deadlines and budget while adhering to the policies and procedures of the organization
- Ability to get along with peers, subordinates and management and maintain a positive and constructive attitude while solving problems
Mission: ICAAD’s mission is to combat structural discrimination and to promote human rights norms consistent with public international law. Structural discrimination refers to systems of inequality that provide a social, political, cultural, or economic advantage to a dominant group while furthering barriers of exclusion that make marginalized communities more susceptible to violence and indignity. By leveraging partnerships, ICAAD brings together passionate multidisciplinary teams of lawyers, data scientists, universities, and design strategists to improve access to justice for women, girls, and vulnerable communities, while strengthening the capacity of civil society and government.
ICAAD is at a pivotal point in its growth, covering a number of geographic regions with its projects and partners, including the U.S., Europe, India, West Africa, and the Pacific Island region. Certain initiatives are global in nature, targeting the education, development, and accountability of international human rights mechanisms.
ICAAD’s projects target systems to promote sustainable change whether it be to combat violence against women, prevent maternal death, document hate crimes, hold torturers accountable, or defend ethnic/religious identity.
The Volunteer Corporate Relations Officer will strategically help the organization to effectively scale. This will include implementation of a robust development strategy to maximize the impact of the organization's fundraising initiatives and enable ICAAD to fulfill its mission.
- Public Relations
- Business Development
- Marketing Strategy & Planning
- Sales Marketing
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 22
- Orientation or Training
- 5-10 hours per week
- Please submit your resume and cover letter if interested. References may be requested.