Sometimes a friendly face is all it takes to make someone's day, and Mishkon's Companion Program brings new friendly faces to the individuals in our program!
The Companion Program matches individuals in Brooklyn with a companion; volunteers who will make a short visit, just to say hi. As a companion you can play a game, listen to some music simply have a short conversation with your new Mishkon friend. For individuals who have a developmental disability, your friendship can decrease a sense of isolation and provide a welcome change from day-to-day activities.
We will match you with one of our program's individuals based on your mutual interests and availability. Time commitment and hours are flexible.
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Time commitment and hours are flexible.
- Visual Art Leader- Manhattan
- Host a Holiday Party or Special...
- GED Tutor- Westchester
- Team Activity Leader- Brooklyn
- Run a Donation Drive- Westchester
- Clerical Assistant - Bronx
- Personal Shopper- Brooklyn
- Team Activity Leader - Queens
- Healthy Lifestyle and Nutrition...
- Client Companion- Brooklyn
- Big Brother Big Sister Program
- Weekly Shabbat Party Host-...
- Medical Archivist - Brooklyn
- Team Activity Leader - Manhattan...
- Fundraiser- Brooklyn
- Team Activity Leader- Westchester
- Fitness Instructor - Manhattan...
- Clerical Assistant - Brooklyn...
- Road to Independence Closet...
- Team Activity Leader- Staten...