The Kaplan Center for Community Services helps people who are struggling with a range of emotional and social problems. The Kaplan Center also provides psychiatric and social services to Jewish emigres from the former Soviet Union and elsewhere, and counseling services for senior citizens and their families.
As a Client Companion for the Kaplan Center, you will assist one of the clients using their mental health services. This client lives independently in Boro Park, is in his mid to late 50s, and is looking for someone to accompany him to the grocery store as well as expose him to exercise, which can be as simple as going for a walk around the neighborhood.
This opportunity is available Monday Friday in Boro Park. Volunteer is needed 1x/week in the afternoon for at least 6 months.
- People Skills
- Outdoor Recreation
- Relationship Building
- Verbal / Written Communication
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- 1 time/week in the afternoon, minimum 6 months.
- Art Group Leader- Manhattan
- Host a Holiday Party or Special...
- Waiting Room Assistant- Manhattan
- Kitchen Assistant- Riverdale
- Tutor- Westchester
- Waiting Room Assistant- Brooklyn
- Group Volunteer Opportunities-...
- Team Activity Leader- Brooklyn
- Art Group Leader- Harlem
- Healthy Lifestyle and Nutrition...
- Client Companion- Brooklyn
- Big Brother Big Sister Program
- Weekly Shabbat Party Host-...
- Medical Archivist - Brooklyn
- Team Activity Leader - Manhattan...
- Fundraiser- Brooklyn
- Team Activity Leader- Westchester
- Fitness Instructor - Manhattan...
- Community Outing Leader- Bronx
- Clerical Assistant - Brooklyn...