You love reading about social causes and making your community and the world better. You want to apply your time and talent to something meaningful, such as helping nonprofits get more exposure and credit for the great work they do.
GreatNonprofits is the leading developer of tools to inspire and inform giving and volunteering. At GreatNonprofits, we turn stories into action by enabling nonprofits, regardless of their marketing budget, to harness their most authentic, effective advertising--stories of people they've impacted. These first-hand stories--now over 250K and seen by 5.8 million users annually--inspire and inform users to take action in local communities as donors, volunteers, and activities.The Curator of Digital Content will work on the marketing team combing the vast GreatNonprofits platform and seeking out the most compelling and inspirational, stories of impact. The person in this role will identify the most compelling content and build an organized portfolio of stories written by our community of contributors. Your work will be an integral part of our marketing and promotional campaigns that help our mission and those of the nonprofit community.
The ideal candidate will:
- Enjoy reading about the experiences of volunteers, donors and recipients of non-profit services.
- Have a knack for the newsworthy and current, as well as a keen eye for spotting amazing "needle in a haystack" gems of inspiration.
- Be extremely detailed oriented, deadline driven.
- Understand the types of stories that work well in the nonprofit space.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Web-oriented, business-savvy, and technically current
- Excellent writing/editing and verbal communication skills
- Must be a team player and be comfortable with a start-up environment
- Ability to handle multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Atleast 2+ years of experience in the relevant is required
- Verbal / Written Communication
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- 8 hrs / week with 6 months of commitment