The Community Outreach Volunteer will serve as a community liaison engaging in a variety of community outreach and educational activities. Basic functions include:
- Disseminate information, like brochures, and other materials during various events, fairs, and festivals.
- Promotion of SDFF programs/services at different locations for low income families and individuals.
- Conduct strategic phone calls to share resources with other nonprofits.
- Capture contact information for people interested in SDFF programs and services, and assist with follow up phone calls and emails.
- Assist with pick-up and drop-off of materials for outreach events, as well as clean-up.
- Perform other administrative duties pertaining to outreach objectives.
Required Attributes and abilities
- Excellent communication skills and comfortable speaking in public.
- Comfortable working with people of varying socioeconomic backgrounds, sexual orientations, and ethnic diversity.
- Ability to work independently and within a team.
- Public Speaking
- Administrative Support
- People Skills
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Minimum of 8 hours per week but flexible
- 3-5 hour orientation and training; including some weekends; schedule is flexible