Are you creative and playful? Do you enjoy working with children?
You might have what it takes to be a Makerspace Mentor! Our Mentors work on a team with other educators to engage students between 5-13 years old at various activity stations where students might learn sewing, coding, circuitry, crafting, engineering, or 3D design. As a Mentor, you don't need to be an expert in all of these subjects, but you'll need to have an open mind, and have fun while you're learning.
We would like to build a team with a diverse skillset. Makerspace hours are during lunchtime (from 10:30 AM-1:15 PM) and after school. Join us, and help create the school experience you always wished for!
- Receive training in a variety of tech tools: milling machine, 3D printer, laser-cutter, Dash and Dot robots, sewing machine, soldering kit, circuitry kit
- Improvise and collaborate with a team to create fun, educational activities
- Gain teaching experience while building relationships with inquisitive, enthusiastic, young people
- Use Makerspace resources to develop your own projects to inspire students
Requirements: Must be 18 or over. Regular volunteers will require a background check and TB test, and will be reimbursed for this expense.
- Math / Science Instruction
- Teaching / Instruction
- Computer Science
- System Engineering
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training