The Food Pantry Manager will volunteer at Virginia Beach Community Development Corporation’s main office to stock and oversee the Food Pantry as well as provide guidance as needed to the Food Pantry Assistant.
- Picking up orders from the Foodbank’s Norfolk location approximately two times per month.
- Inspecting food items for secure packaging, sealing, and food quality dates prior to purchasing items from The Food Bank and as needed in the food pantry.
- Delivering purchased and donated food items to VBCDC’s main office.
- Inventorying goods received and entering the information into an electronic database.
- Notifying the Senior Neighbor Advocate of low stock inventory.
- Making suggestions on ordering based on average use and current needs.
- Preparing and submitting monthly reports to the Senior Neighbor Advocate. - Providing guidance to the Food Pantry Assistants as needed.
- Checking the inventory weekly and revising as needed. - Sorting, organizing, and stocking food products in the food pantry accordingly to likeness.
- Participating in trainings as needed- may include FOODSAFE, USDA, etc. - Maintaining a log of disposed food items that expired.
- Cleaning the food pantry each shift to maintain order and cleanliness.
- People Skills
- Food Delivery / Distribution
- Data Entry
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- 4 hours per week, for 6 month commitment