Transportation Assistant for Support Groups - Driver
WhenIt's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
Where2600 Pot Spring RoadTimonium, MD 21093
We are looking for an individual to help facilitate family involvement in our services for children by providing supplementary transportation to and from our Family Support Groups.
Family Support Groups provide a monthly opportunity for the parents and caretakers of children with emotional and behavioral challenges to share experiences and advice, as well as access training and emotional support. Our child welfare and mental health programs are nationally recognized for their efforts to involve family members in as many ways as possible. Research shows that family involvement has a strong impact on the success of treatment.
Our support groups in 3 minutes: https://youtu.be/ndihDmhTrs4
A volunteer driver would help support these efforts by providing transportation to and from Family Support Group meetings for individuals who do not have a vehicle. The volunteer would come to St. Vincent’s Villa in Timonium to retrieve a Catholic Charities vehicle, then receive a route for pickups and drop-offs, returning the vehicle once the support group is finished.
- Volunteers driving a Catholic Charities vehicle is covered under our liability insurance.
- Support groups take place at several locations throughout Baltimore City and Baltimore County - Dundalk, Lansdowne, Charles Village (Baltimore City), Timonium, and Towson.
- Each location hosts a support group once per month, generally from 6-7:30pm. We would expect volunteers to arrive at St. Vincent’s at around 5pm and be back around 8:30pm.
- Volunteers would need to find something to do during support group - read, get coffee, etc. They are also welcome to join the group, as groups are open to the public, or to help with childcare (which is often very much needed).
- Volunteers would be expected to volunteer once per month minimum, based upon the date(s) and route(s) that suits their schedule.
- 2^^nd^^ Tuesday of every month
- 2^^nd^^ Thursday of every month
- 3^^rd^^ Wednesday of every month
- 3^^rd^^ Thursday of every month
- 4^^th^^ Tuesday of every month
- Regular volunteer application process, including background screening and orientation.
- The volunteer must be 18+ years of age with at least two years of driving experience.
- The volunteer must be licensed to drive a car in the state of Maryland.
- A motor vehicle report no older than three years must show that the driver has no more than 3 points on their license.
- The volunteer must review Family Services Division Driver’s Safety Training (approx. 1 hour).
- Further requirements if using personal or non-agency vehicle - please inquire.
- Bus/Van Driving
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Four hours at least once per month