Exiting the criminal justice system comes with many challenges and hurdles for an ex offender. At Trusted Mentors, we find that when these ex-offenders are paired with a mentor their chance of overcoming their obstacles is dramatically increased. A year of re-entry quickly goes by with a mentor's support, and new habits will be formed and the likelihood of them returning to prison goes down significantly. When you become a mentor with us, you receive the needed training in order to be a positive energy in that person's life. Throughout the year, you get to go to our sponsored events with your mentee and meet other mentors like yourself. Examples of these events are fundraisers, sporting outings, or celebrations of our mentee's recent achievements. Any interested applicants should go to www.trustedmentors.org and fill out an application. You can also easily listen to firsthand accounts about us @ https://vimeo.com/111005408. Please feel free to call us (317-985-50410) with more questions and schedule a time to go to your first training session.
Support. Stabilize. Succeed
- Critical Thinking
- Youth Services
- Relationship Building
- Verbal / Written Communication
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 25
- Orientation or Training
- Six Hours a month for a year
- Become a Homelessness Prevention...
- Mentor an Adolescent Aging out...
- Support an Ex-Offender's Second...
- Mentors - Stick around when...
- Be the Bridge for those in...
- Mentor At Risk Young Adults
- Mentor a comrade in need
- You can Make a World of...
- Mentoring Decreases Recidivism
- Spark the Light in a Person in...
- 10 mentors - 10 people willing...
- Life is tough without a Mentor