Our Task is a community of global citizens who are concerned about the future of the planet. We are an independent, non-profit that is run 100% by volunteers from all over the world. Our mission is to transform young adults into global thinkers and empower them to lead the next generation in building a sustainable future.
The Conference Coordinator position could be an exciting and challenging role for someone who has the skills, creativity and time to help with the organization of Our Task’s (OT) annual Earth 2100 Conference, and who wants to make a difference in the world. You will not do this alone! We have a great team of volunteers from across the world, and we will meet at least once a fortnight on Hangouts or in-person to discuss progress or share ideas etc...
The Earth 2100 Conference is a knowledge exchange space where a thoughtful, civil, intergenerational dialogue takes place every year on global issues that young people will confront over the course of their lives. Its goal is to inspire the young people to be an important voice on global problems and be the powerful force to lead the change towards a better planet for future generations.
This year’s conference will focus on Soil and Food.
Main responsibilities include:
- Design the conference program and break-out activities;
- Find sponsors and location;
- Recruit the speakers and participants;
- Maintain the conference web page and Facebook page;
- Respond to requests for information via phone and e-mail;
- Work closely with the Communications Team;
- Help with the logistics;
- Help with fundraising activities for the Conference.
What will you have achieved by the end of this assignment:
- Experience of working in a small, well-connected environmental organization;
- Hands-on experience for your resume;
- A greater understanding of global issues;
- A letter of recommendation on request.
Ideally we would like to have someone who can commit for at least 2 hours per week until the Conference in December 2017.
- Project Management
- Relationship Building
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- 2 hours a week