Help us Plan our Making Strides Against Breast Cancer Walks in ME!
Making Strides Against Breast Cancer of Greater Portland, Brunswick, and Damariscotta are constantly looking to improve and grow and we can't do it without the help of our local communities! Our events are created, promoted, and run by committees comprised of volunteers and we would love to add some new faces. Planning Committee member's responsibilities and tasks are wide ranging and can be customized to your level of involvement, making this the perfect volunteer opportunity for everyone! Some examples of the planning committee roles are:
* Logistics Lead - assist with permitting, and day-of timeline
* Sponsorship Lead - help identify potential businesses
* Volunteer Lead - recruit and train other volunteers
* Community Champion - be a presence in the community for Strides
* Team Recruitment - recruit businesses, schools, organizations to join the walk
* Publicity Lead: assist with putting out press releases and general publicity of the event
* Also looking for people who want to assist with general needs
These roles are easily handled by one or more persons and many can be supported on nights and weekends, however your schedule allows.
Making Strides Greater Portland, ME is taking place on Sunday, October 16, 2016 at Fort Williams Park, Cape Elizabeth, ME
Making Strides Greater Damariscotta, ME is taking place on Sunday, October 23, 2016 at The First, Damariscotta, ME
Making Strides Greater Brunswick is taking place on Sunday, October 30, 2016 at The Brunswick Town Mall, Brunswick, ME
Committee volunteers must be able to commit to attending regular monthly meetings and carrying out the duties of their position within the community. This can include driving to local businesses to solicit donations, sponsorship, or outreach. Logistics such as permits and arranging police details, or organizing volunteers and fundraising. The more members we have the lighter the workload is on all of us, so please consider joining!
www.makingstrideswalk.org/greaterportlandme; www.makingstrideswalk.org/damariscottame; www.makingstrideswalk.org/brunswickme
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Community Outreach
- Interactive/Social Media/SEO
- Relationship Building
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment