Assist the teacher and support students in Certified Nursing Assistant computer class from 1:00-2:30pm. Lessons include Microsoft Word basics, how to save a document, how to send and reply to emails, and Microsoft Excel basics.
Volunteers needed on Thursdays and Fridays 1:00-2:30.
Proficiency in MS Word and Excel
Experience working with non-native English speakers, preferred but not required
About JVS's CNA program:
The Certified Nursing Assistant program at JVS helps students improve their English and computer skills, learn necessary skills for working with the elderly, and prepare to pass the Certified Nursing Assistant certification exam. This is a 14 week, full-time program designed for non-native, intermediate level English speakers. JVS’ strong employer relationships will then help ensure students’ successful job placement after graduation.
- People Skills
- Basic Computer Skills
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- 1:00-2:30 M-F (2 or more sessions per week)
- Bilingual English/Haitian-Creole...
- ESOL Teaching Assistant,...
- Outreach help needed for new...
- Computer tutor for students in...
- ESOL teaching assistants for...
- Career Coach Assistant, East...
- ESOL Teaching Assistant, Lynn
- Teaching assistant for...
- Teach ESOL class for Haitian...
- Career Coach Assistant, Lawrence