MISSION: Helping Older Adults Stay Independent.
TITLE OF POSITION: Homemaker Volunteer
SUPERVISED AND SUPPORTED BY: Lori O’Day Volunteer Manager
PURPOSE OF JOB: To support the mission of Neighbor Network by grocery shopping and providing light housekeeping services such as; cooking light meals, laundry and vacuuming, to our members that might be recovering from surgery or other factors that impact their mobility.
- Volunteers provide the needed service in the member’s home.
- When shopping for groceries, volunteers get shopping list from member and go to the local grocery store to shop and bring back the items to the members.
- Volunteers should keep the receipt of the purchase and give it to the member for a reimbursement.
- Volunteers are not allowed to assist clients with bodily care or handle medications.
- Volunteers may not accept any form of payment, tips or gifts in exchange for their volunteer service.
- Must be age 21 or older
- Must have reliable vehicle with current driver’s license and auto insurance.
- Desire to assist seniors and adults with disabilities.
TIME COMMITMENT: One - two times per month, depending on need. Homemaker and grocery shopping jobs are scheduled on an as-needed basis as members call and request those services.
- The opportunity to make a difference in your community and in the lives of seniors and adults with disabilities.
- There may be grant stipend funds available to help offset volunteer’s gas expense. You have the opportunity to request this when you report your monthly hours.
REQUIRED SCREENING: Applicants must pass a background and reference check and have a clean motor vehicle record.
CONTACT: Lori O’Day, Volunteer Manager, 303-814-4300 or
- People Skills
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training