MISSION: Helping Older Adults Stay Independent.
TITLE OF POSITION: Handyman/Fix-It Volunteer
SUPERVISED AND SUPPORTED BY: Lori O’Day Volunteer Manager
PURPOSE OF JOB: To support the mission of Neighbor Network by providing services that help keep our members safe in their homes; installing grab bars and wheelchair ramps, changing light bulbs that are hard to reach, etc.
- Volunteers go to clients home and do an initial assessment on work that needs done and may need to advise the client on supplies needed.
- Volunteers may need to purchase supplies but should keep the receipt and give it the member for a reimbursement.
- Volunteers provide the needed service and/or perform the repair
- Volunteers may not accept any form of payment, tips or gifts in exchange for their volunteer service.
- Must be age 21 or older
- Must have reliable vehicle with current driver’s license and auto insurance.
- Desire to assist seniors and adults with disabilities.
TIME COMMITMENT: There is no required time commitment. Fix-it jobs are scheduled on an as-needed basis as members call and request those services. You may accept as many fix-it jobs per month as your schedule allows.
- The opportunity to make a difference in your community and in the lives of seniors and adults with disabilities.
- There may be grant stipend funds available to help offset volunteer’s gas expense. You have the opportunity to request this when you report your monthly hours.
REQUIRED SCREENING: Applicants must pass a background and reference check and have a clean motor vehicle record.
CONTACT: Lori O’Day, Volunteer Manager, 303-814-4300 or
- People Skills
- Home Repair
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training