7 people are interested
Neighbor Network, A program of Aging Resources of Douglas County
MISSION: Helping Older Adults Stay Independent.
TITLE OF POSITION: Handyman/Fix-It Volunteer
SUPERVISED AND SUPPORTED BY: Volunteer Manager
PURPOSE OF JOB: To support the mission of Neighbor Network by providing services that help keep our members safe in their homes; installing grab bars and wheelchair ramps, changing light bulbs that are hard to reach, etc. to our members residing in Douglas County.
- Volunteers go to clients' homes and do an initial assessment on work that needs done and may need to advise the client on supplies needed.
- Volunteers may need to purchase supplies, but should keep the receipt and give it the member for a reimbursement.
- Volunteers provide the needed service and/or perform the repair
- Volunteers may not accept any form of payment, tips or gifts in exchange for their volunteer service.
- Must be age 21 or older
- Must have reliable vehicle with current driver’s license and auto insurance.
- Desire to assist seniors and adults with disabilities.
TIME COMMITMENT: There is no required time commitment. Fix-it jobs are scheduled on an as-needed basis as members call and request those services. You may accept as many fix-it jobs per month as your schedule allows.
- The opportunity to make a difference in your community and in the lives of seniors and adults with disabilities.
REQUIRED SCREENING: Applicants must pass a background and reference check and have a clean motor vehicle record.
CONTACT: 303-814-4300 or ARDC@douglas.co.us
About Neighbor Network, a program of Aging Resources of Douglas County
104 Fourth Street, Castle Rock, CO 80104, US
Our Mission: Helping older adults stay independent and age with dignity by providing a volunteer network of services and support!
Douglas County's older adult population is among the fastest growing in the nation. Recent demographic projections illustrate that by the year 2030, one in four residents will be 60 or older. Neighbor Network has evolved over the past years in response to the mounting needs of our older adult population.
Neighbor Network provides a safety net for members, allowing older adults to remain active in the community while living independent in their homes. New members enter the program by completing an application and participating in a personal interview. At that time, specific needs are evaluated so that the Neighbor Network team can then assist with resources. Whether matching a volunteer for weekly companionship visits or help around the house; providing transportation to medical appointments, grocery shopping or for other errands, Neighbor Network volunteers are eager to offer their hearts and their time. Along with our team of volunteers and partners from many local agencies, Neighbor Network strives to create an inclusive community so that members maintain maximum independence.
We'll work with your schedule.
This is a Virtual Opportunity, with no fixed address.
- People Skills
- Home Repair
- Community Outreach
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training