Volunteer at the Cornell Lab of Ornithology!
We are looking for volunteers of all ability levels to assist with the programs and operations of the Visitor Center. If you love birds and want to be around others who share your interests, you are invited to join our new Visitor Center volunteer corps!
The Cornell Lab of Ornithology, housed at the Imogene Powers Johnson Center for Birds and Biodiversity, offers opportunities for visitors to connect with the Lab and learn about its mission to interpret and conserve the earth's biological diversity. Birders, school classes, families, and nature lovers come to the Lab to walk the trails, watch birds, view the art, use the library, and learn from exhibits, tours, guided walks, seminars, and other types of programs.Volunteer Opportunities
- Helping with youth education programs
- Leading guided tours
- Assisting with outreach efforts
- Helping out in the Adelson Library
- Intearcting with Lab visitors
- Complete the training for a specific volunteer appointment
- Commit to at least 5 hours per month (specific time commitments vary by appointment)
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Attend initial information session to be held on:
- Complimentary Cornell Lab of Ornithology membership
- 10% discount in Wild Birds Unlimited at Sapsucker Woods store
- Program discounts
- Training and continuing education opportunities
please contact Lisa Kopp at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 607-254-2174.
- General Education
- Environmental Education
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18