Bring your community organization, family, business, or any other group to volunteer on a project worksite and help create a safer home for a neighbor in need!
Projects would include building ramps, installing windows, replacing flooring, installing grab bars, etc. A workday usually lasts one day. A group of 8-10 people typically works best, but we encourage groups of all sizes, age, and skill levels to apply. We will match your group with the best fitting project, materials needed, and the proper guidance.
Locations vary. We complete projects throughout Greenville, Anderson, Pickens, and Oconee Counties in the Upstate of South Carolina. Please let us know how far your group is willing to travel.
A Typical Workday
Following is an outline of what usually happens on a project worksite:
* Volunteers arrive at the project site and are met by a REBUILD UPSTATE staff member or volunteer site leader.
* The leaders go over plans for the repairs to be made that day.
* All the materials and tools needed to perform the work are already on site for the volunteers to use.
* There is a brief orientation about REBUILD UPSTATE and the need for this particular project.
* Volunteers are divided into smaller groups to work on different parts of the project. For example, when building a ramp, volunteers may be assigned as follows:
3-4 volunteers for framing
2-3 volunteers for cutting boards
2-3 volunteers for laying deck boards
* There are water breaks throughout the duration of the project. If it is an all-day event, there is also a lunch break.
* Volunteers may have opportunities to interact with homeowners while working.
* When the project is complete, volunteers clean up the worksite.
Please feel free to contact our Operations Director, Nick Kulick with any questions at email@example.com
- Home Repair
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 13
- One workday typically lasts 6-8 hours