We are seeking awesome individuals who are committed to youth success and enjoy learning and having fun with immigrant or refugee youth population from Asia. Our objective is to provide Asian American and Pacific Islanders youth (mostly immigrants and refugees) the opportunity to grow academically and socially as well as help them transition successfully in their new home, Colorado, by providing a need based one-on-one mentorship relationship between mentees and caring adults.
What are the requirements to be a mentor?
- Must be at least 19 years or older
- Ability to commit for at least one year in mentoring relationship
- Ability to commit to at least one hour meeting with a mentee per week or two hours bi-weekly
- Passionate about youth growth, development, and success
- Willing and ready to submit information for background check and screening
- Enjoy learning and having fun with youth
- No mentoring experience necessary. Training will be provided
Who are our mentees?
- Asian American and Pacific Islanders, mostly immigrants and refugees
- The mentees age ranges from 11 to 14 years old
- They are committed and want a caring adult in their life
- Most of them are living in Metro Denver area
- Youth Services
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 19
- Orientation or Training
- 4 hours per month minimum