We are seeking an experienced grant writer for an exceptional opportunity to assist in fund development for a growing arts non-profit doing work in the Pittsburgh, PA and Los Angeles, CA areas. Arts Out Loud is the ONLY LGBT arts organization that offers quality programming for young people in the US.
Our mission is to empower and educate LGBT youth by connecting them with entertainment industry professionals in the form of mentoring. We bring the best and brightest from film, theater, music, dance to our community of 16-22-year-old students to guide and teach. We are passionate about connecting local students with acclaimed artists to inspire them to believe in themselves and to further their arts education and career.
You would assist us by:
- Develop/write grant proposals to foundations and grant-making organizations, persuasively communicating organization’s mission and programs to potential funders.
- Assemble/submit grant requests, including letters, proposals, budgets, and presentations.
- Conduct prospect research.
- Report progress in grant research, grant submission, and outcome to Arts Out Loud Board of Directors.
In return for the volunteer hours, the benefits to the volunteer candidate may include: job reference letter from the CEO of Arts Out Loud, experience gained while volunteering on various projects, networking opportunities, and current resume entry. Most importantly, you will be helping the organization work towards its mission.
You can find more information about us on our website: artsoutloud.org
- Problem Solving
- Grant Writing / Research
- Verbal / Written Communication
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must have experience in grant writing.