Help Empower Adults to Make Positive Financial Choices!
24 people are interested
Join Save First Financial Wellness at Catholic Charities as a Volunteer Financial Coach!
The Financial Coaching Program of Save First Financial at Catholic Charities is working to address the struggle with financial instability among adults by teaching our clients about financial literacy as well as how the basics of finance can be applied to their lives in a positive manner. Our volunteer coaching program welcomes volunteers of all faiths and ethnic backgrounds. We do not require that our volunteers have prior financial knowledge as our volunteer training includes education on basic personal finance that will aid them in working with our clients. A volunteer in our program can expect to work with clients on identifying and making a plan to reach financial goals including budgeting, saving, and eliminating debt. Please consider joining our team of volunteer financial coaches, and experience the rewarding opportunity of helping someone improve their financial life.
Please call Katie at (503)688-2575 or send an email to katie@SaveFirstFinancial.org to find out about our next training!
- Assist clients in putting into practice tools learned in our financial classes
- Build the relationship by helping set client financial goals and accomplishing them together
- Take the lead in supporting the client through an ongoing, one-on-one relationship
- Provide encouragement and create a nonjudgmental atmosphere to promote growth
- Build motivation, accountability, and sustainability
- Make a 3-6 month commitment
- Spend a minimum of 2-4 hours per month one-to-one with a client
- Meet with the client 1-2 times a month
- Communicate with the client via phone/email when necessary
- Attend an initial 3-hour orientation training session
We'll work with your schedule.
2740 SE Powell Blvd.Portland, OR 97202
- Adult Education
- Financial Literacy
- Relationship Building
- Verbal / Written Communication
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 3-6 month commitment with 2-4 hours of work/month