Help Empower Adults to Make Positive Financial Choices!
32 people are interested
Title: Financial Coach at Save First Financial, a service of Catholic Charities of Oregon
Purpose: This position will assist the Save First Financial Wellness Program at Catholic Charities, a social service non profit, by providing one-on-one financial coaching services to individuals.
Results: This position will help us increase the economic well-being of the individuals we serve across Oregon.
Outcomes: We will measure the success of this position with an economic well-being self assessment scale for our clients to fill out. Clients will fill this scale out on a quarterly basis.
- Provide one-on-one mentoring regularly to client you are matched with and do necessary budget form preparation to ensure client gets most out of coaching sessions
- Give encouragement and support to client you are matched with throughout ongoing one-on-one relationship you develop
- Maintain communication with Coaching Coordinator and work with Save First Financial staff to think about solutions or the correct approach to helping our clients address their financial issues
- No financial experience is required; All we ask is that you have the heart of a teacher, meaning that you are kind, compassionate, empathetic, positive, and willing to inspire our clients and build a relationship
- Actively use a budget for your own personal expenses
- Basic technological skills and ability to use/respond to email in a timely manner
- 2-4 hours per month with additional preparation time for approximately 3-6 months (this is flexible and varies by case)
- Approximately 8 hours of training with additional ongoing training events
- Coach training, Financial Wellness Workshop, mock coaching session, and 1 st coaching session will be completed on site at Catholic Charities, 2740 SE Powell Blvd, Portland, OR 97202.
- For later coaching sessions, we give coaches the option to either provide coaching at Catholic Charities during our business hours or to meet with clients at a public location convenient to both parties
- This position is supervised by the Coaching Coordinator. The volunteer may also work closely with other staff members such as our financial counselors, resource navigator, and IDA specialist depending on the needs of their client
Benefits to the Volunteer:
- Develop the professional skill of financial coaching to add to a new or existing, professional portfolio
- Training in our approach to financial coaching is provided
- Create new professional and personal connections in the community
- Personal satisfaction in being able to give back and help people
How to Apply: Follow this link https://www.tfaforms.com/4701503
If you have any questions, contact Katie Earley at firstname.lastname@example.org or 503-688-2575
About Catholic Charities of Oregon
2740 SE Powell Blvd, Portland, OR 97202, US
Catholic Charities of Oregon partners with the most vulnerable, regardless of faith, to achieve lasting solutions to poverty and injustice. Catholic Charities envisions a society in which all people: thrive economically, socially and spiritually; cultivate diverse, respectful and just communities; recognize the inherent dignity and sanctity of human life. Catholic Charities of Oregon achieves lasting solutions to poverty and injustice by partnering with clients to meet their economic and educational goals and to support their physical and social well-being.
Catholic Charities of Oregon annually serves over 20,000 Oregonians without regard to faith, race, ethnicity, marital status, gender or condition in life.
Catholic Charities works to meet the needs of the poor and most vulnerable through 12 programs, four member agencies, and numerous grantee agencies located throughout western Oregon.
Catholic Charities is the professional social service arm of the Archdiocese of Portland. Catholic Charities independently secures its own funding. Catholic Charities is accredited by the Council on Accreditation for Children and Family Services, and is a member of Catholic Charities USA, the largest private network of voluntary social service agencies in the United States.
We'll work with your schedule.
2740 SE Powell Blvd.Portland, OR 97202
- Adult Education
- Financial Literacy
- Relationship Building
- Verbal / Written Communication
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 3-6 month commitment with 2-4 hours of work/month