Join Financial Wellness Services at Catholic Charities as a Volunteer Financial Coach!
The Financial Wellness Services (FWS) Coaching Program of Catholic Charities helps empower adults to make positive financial choices, enabling them to live securely in the present and plan for the future. The Coaching Program uses community volunteers to commit to supporting, guiding, and being an ally to adults who seek additional assistance to maximize their potential. By becoming part of the social network of community members who care about these individuals and families, a financial coach can partner with their client to develop and reach positive goals such as budgeting, eliminating debt, and saving for the future. Please call Katie at (503)688-2575 to attend our next training!
- Assist clients in putting into practice tools learned at our financial classes
- Build the relationship by helping set client financial goals and accomplishing them together
- Take the lead in supporting the client through an ongoing, one-on-one relationship
- Provide encouragement and create a nonjudgmental atmosphere to promote growth
- Build motivation, accountability, and sustainability
- Make a 3-6 month commitment
- Spend a minimum of 2-4 hours per month one-to-one with a client, plus additional time for preparation and administration before and after meetings
- Meet with the client 1-2 times a month
- Communicate with the client via phone/email when necessary
- Attend an initial 5 hour orientation training session
- Adult Education
- Financial Literacy
- Relationship Building
- Verbal / Written Communication
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 3-6 month commitment with 2-4 hours of work/month
- Get Crafty with Refugee and...
- Teach Summer School with Refugee...
- Summer School Coordinator for...
- Set up apartments for arriving...
- Help Empower Adults to Make...
- Teach Summer School to Refugee...
- Assist Refugees in Resettlement
- Classroom helper for Refugee and...
- Get Artsy with Refugee and...
- School's Out Summer Program...