Every year at the Boys & Girls Clubs, we select Youths of the Year from our East Palo Alto, Menlo Park and Redwood City sites. The stories our 8 th graders tell of resilience, character and accomplishment are energizing and inspiring.
We need committed individuals to help mentor our 8th graders as they prepare to deliver their speeches. Mentoring will take the form of scheduled group workshop sessions that will take place about twice a month between mid-February and mid-March. We are looking for the following:
- Interest in working with youth
- Ability to review, edit and provide feedback on essays and speeches
- Ability to facilitate mock interviews and provide feedbackInterested? Apply here: https://www.volgistics.com/ex/portal.dll/ap?ap=1378329136
- Youth Services
- Community Outreach
- People Skills
- Public Speaking
- Relationship Building
- Verbal / Written Communication
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- January/Feburary - April/May
- Spanish-Speaking Tutors Needed...
- Become a College Bound Mentor!
- "Book Nook" Reading Tutor
- Coach Youth Basketball!
- Volunteer with the Boys and...
- Mentor an 8th Grade Youth of the...
- Spanish-speaking Tutors Needed
- Be a Running Buddy for Young...
- Kindergarten Classroom Support
- Help Kids with Homework!
- Bilingual Classroom Support...
- Tutor Elementary Math & Literacy...
- Reading Tutor at Boys and Girls...
- Youth Academic Tutors Needed
- Summer Internship at Boys &...
- Head Coach Needed for...
- College Mentor for Boys and...
- 1-1 Tutors Needed (1x/Week)