Every year at the Boys & Girls Clubs, we select high school Youths of the Year from our East Palo Alto and Redwood City Clubhouses. The selected representatives from each city then "compete" to be named overall BGCP Youth of the Year for the organization at our finals event. The representative then goes on to compete nationally with other BGCA youth from across the country. The selection evening is the biggest night of our year!
The stories our teens tell of resilience, character and accomplishment are energizing and inspiring.
We need commited individuals to help mentor our 8th graders as they prepare to deliver their speeches. We are looking for the following:
- Meet regularly with your mentee at scheduled workshops (dates TBD)
- Experience with middle school students is preferred
- Ability to review, edit and provide feedback on essays and speeches
- Ability to facilitate mock interviews and provide feedback
- Youth Services
- Community Outreach
- People Skills
- Public Speaking
- Relationship Building
- Verbal / Written Communication
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- January/Feburary - April/May
- Spanish-Speaking Tutors Needed...
- "Book Nook" Reading Tutor
- Coach Youth Basketball!
- Volunteer with the Boys and...
- Mentor an 8th Grade Youth of the...
- Spanish-speaking Tutors Needed
- Be a Running Buddy for Young...
- Kindergarten Classroom Support
- Help Kids with Homework!
- Bilingual Classroom Support...
- Tutor Elementary Math & Literacy...
- Reading Tutor at Boys and Girls...
- Youth Academic Tutors Needed
- Head Coach Needed for...
- 1-1 Tutors Needed (1x/Week)