Volunteer ages 60+ for Mandarin Speaking Telephone Buddy Opportunity
WhenIt's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
Where2 Executive Circle, Suite 175Irvine, CA 92614
TheCouncil on Aging-Orange Countyis a private, nonprofit corporation, serving older adults in Orange County since 1973. The Council mission is to promote the independence, health, and dignity of older adults through compassion, education, and advocacy.
The Council on Aging-OC's ReConnect Program is looking for peer volunteers ages 60 and over who are bilingual Mandarin and English speaking to provide supportive counseling and companionship to ReConnect program monolingual Mandarin speaking participants over the phone. By providing information and activity reminders, the telephone buddy will assist designated participants in getting back in the community. Telephone buddies are a source of empowerment in motivating participants to attend support groups and community activities.
- Problem Solving
- Counseling / Mental Health
- Cross-cultural Communication
- Verbal / Written Communication
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 60
- Orientation or Training
- Mandarin Speaking Volunteer
- Volunteer ages 60+ for Mandarin...
- Vietnamese Speaking Volunteer
- Watercolor Painting Instructor
- Volunteer ages 60+ for Veteran...
- Friendly Visitor Opportunity
- Volunteer ages 60+ for LGBTIQ...
- Caring Connections Friendly...
- Program Intern
- Korean Speaking Volunteers
- Balance and Mobility Instructor...
- Reassurance Calls Volunteer
- Spanish Speaking Volunteers
- Dance Instructor
- Volunteers ages 60+ for Activity...
- Russian Speaking Volunteers
- Reassurance Calls Specialist
- Volunteers ages 60+ for...