The TechLab Guest Associate volunteer works to identify and address the educational needs and goals of our guests. This position involves direct customer service inlcuding: setting a welcoming and respectful tone, ensuring a positive tech lab experience, following guidelines, and adhering to policies to help create an optimal learning environment.
The ideal volunteer candidate is very comfortable meeting and interacting with people from diverse backgrounds experiencing: homelessness, trauma, substance use/abuse/recovery, mental and physical health challenges, learning disabilities, and other challenges that can cause barriers with computers and technology.
Want to learn a lot about yourself and others? Consider applying to join our team as a volunteer!
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills and experience, including problem resolution, conflict management and customer service.
- Strong computer skills - Word, Excel, Outlook, data entry, data search, internet research.
- Ability to function with grace and humor in a demanding environment.
- Ability to be polite, tactful, and firm with clients the program serves, including the ability to maintain professional boundaries at all times.
- Punctual, reliable, collaborative, and team-oriented.
- Internet Research
- General Education
- Basic Computer Skills
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Minimum Weekly Shift (Lunch Provided)
- Afternoon: Monday and Friday 1:30 - 4:15pm