Are you looking for a fun, unique and meaningful way to make a difference in the lives of shelter animals? You've come to the right place!
The Paws Humane Dog's Day Out program makes a difference in the lives of companion animals by ensuring they get plenty of exercise, attention, and exposure to environments outside of the shelter, all while putting smiles on the faces of the people who share in this experience.
What is it? Dog's Day Out is a program that enables Paws dogs to travel offsite with a volunteer to go on a walk or a run and have some quality time out of the shelter. Offsite locations include any reasonable distance from Paws where dogs are permitted, even your own neighborhood!
How it Works?
- Call the shelter first to be sure your planned outing is suitable for our dogs.
- Come to the shelter during regular business hours to sign up for the program at our front desk. (Be sure to bring a backpack to carry needed supplies.)
- Receive a brief orientation from our staff on how to sign a dog out for the day.
- Gather supplies and get your "dog for the day" ready to go.
- Enjoy your outing!
- Sign the dog back in to the shelter.
- Outdoor Recreation
- Animal Care / Handling
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training