The Lowcountry Senior Center is located on James Island and invites adults age 50 and older to learn, exercise, and enjoy social activities with their peers. The center's philosophy is based on high-level wellness, or the integration of mind, body and spirit throughout life's journey.
We are currently recuriting Front Desk Volunteers: This volunteer position staffs the Lowcountry Senior Center's front desk.
Early morning shifts available Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Saturday.
The front desk is the first contact members and visitors have with the center and handles various tasks detailed below. The front desk is a busy, social, and fun volunteer opportunity!
Front Desk Volunteer Responsibilities:
- Provide positive customer service and work well with others
- Strong and professional communication skills
- Ability to multitask and be detailed orientated
- Register individuals for classes; handle payment and receipting
- Provide resource information for callers and members
- Give tours of the center to potential new members
- Take new member and renewal applications
- Answer the phone, take messages
- Able to familiarize self with programs and classes
- Oversee member and guest sign in
- Assist with mailings and other administrative tasks as needed
If you are interested in volunteering or would like to find out more about this volunteer opportunity, please contact Kimberly Palmer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Find out more about the Lowcountry Senior Center by visiting our website: www.lowcountryseniorcenter.org
- Administrative Support
- Customer Service
- Office Reception
- People Skills
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training