Read With Me Program- Cathedral City Elementary School
WhenIt's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
Where69-300 Converse RdCathedral City, CA 92234
- We first approached churches to offer to sponsor volunteers for an individual school. The Pastor sees the opportunity for his congregation to serve in a true ministry to offer students a pathway out of poverty by becoming fluent in English and, therefore, able to enter the work force at a higher level than the children's parents were able to achieve.
- Buses are available at some locations for volunteers who need transportation. The school principal and, ideally, someone from the District Superintendent's office, welcomes them with coffee and nibbles.
- The principal explains the demographics of the area and stresses that the children need the opportunity to practice their reading with a person fluent in English who can help them with pronunciation and, most importantly, comprehension.
- Volunteers indicate what grade level they would be interested in working with
- General Education
- Literacy / Reading
- Teaching / Instruction
- Reading / Writing
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Must be at least 18
- 1 day per week, 4 hours per day
- Must understand the English Language
- Regional Access Project Foundation
- Baby or Not Pregnancy Choice
- Martha's Village & Kitchen
- Public Library Assistance
- Palm Desert Library
- La Quinta Senior Center
- Coachella Valley Repertory
- Neuro Vitality Center
- Braille Institute
- Desert Hot Springs Senior Center...
- Coachella Valley History Museum
- High School Students needing...
- Paws & Hearts
- Help unload food at a local food...
- The Narrow Door
- YMCA Of The Desert
- RSVP - Volunteer Program Office...
- Palm Springs International Film...
- Student Ambassador SafeHouse
- Neuro Vitality Center ( Palm...